Chapter 8: Fake Beach

John was almost back home when Rhonda reappeared and followed him. Once outside the bunker he hugged her lovingly before disappearing below ground. He had to prepare himself because—

Clay was pacing back and forth as he waited impatiently for one of his brothers to return. He was the only one in the bunker since everyone else had left to go find John and he stayed behind in case the eldest decided to show, like right now in fact!

"Where have you been?!" Clay came rushing over, noticing the dirt on him. "What happened to you??" He asked next before realizing the youngest was with him. "What the hell happened to Branch??" He poked him to see if he was alive when the youngest jumped up screeching "IMMA KILL YOUUUuuuuu...Huh??"

Branch looked around in confusion before shaking his head to get his senses back. He then stood up in the cart as he suddenly grabbed John by the shoulders. "I-I-I'm so sorry he got you pregnant!!"

"WHAT?! Who??" Clay jumped into the conversation, eager to know who the troll was.

Just as Branch was about to speak, John then busted out laughing which concerned the two.

"He was talking about his plants, little bro." John explained when he removed his brother's hands and walked over to the clue board. He grabbed the marker and crossed Creeks name off the list. "He was at the party that night but left before the whole punch situation." John lied. He could figure out the whole Creek thing on his own.

"Oh thank all of troll kind!!" Branch fell to his hands and knees in sweet sweet relief before standing back up and jumping out of the cart. He held a single finger up and smiled sweetly. "Still going to kill him after he tried to hurt you."

"He literally didn't, he was helping me. I probably wouldn't even be there if you hadn't used Rhonda to destroy his garden. I felt bad." John looked at him unamused.

"Ack!!" Branch forgot he was the cause of the whole situation.

"Can someone please explain to me what happened?!" Clay was getting slightly irritated with the two as they had forgotten he was there.

"Creek tried to smother our brother." Branch quickly rushed out.

"Branch!" John facepalmed before looking at the 3rd. "I promise you, he really wasn't!"

Clay just raised an eyebrow and gave John a doubtful look but didn't see any signs that he was lying... "Hmm..." Although... he looked at Branch who was confident but he hated Creek obsessively to the point he thought it was unhealthy at times.

"Brother, Please." Both the eldest and youngest begged at the same time.

Clay glanced between the two of them when an idea popped into his head and he smirked.

***

Floyd was getting close to the bunker when he met up with Bruce. The both of them found no trace of their older brother which really troubled and scared them. They decided to go back home to see if he had returned yet.

Once the two of them descended onto the bunker, they heard some voices but the one that stuck out was JD's. They both looked at each other while sighing.

However, once they got down to the bottom, the first thing that they noticed was Clay relaxing in a bunch of pillows while he wore a robe and some sunglasses. He had a cocktail that he sipped on through a straw in one hand while he ate some nachos with the other. A large beach backdrop was in the background while John and Branch were fanning him.

"Uhh... what is going on??" Floyd was completely baffled.

"No, the better question is, why are they doing this-" Bruce motioned towards them. "-when they could be visiting me-" He patted himself. "-and enjoying an actual beach??" He shook his head in offense and tossed his arms in the air when they ignored him.