Doce

"We already talked about it, ang sabi sa akin ni David, kinakausap na nila Tito Albert ang media to control what happened. They've taken down the posts and articles already but it's still on the internet dahil maraming nakapag-screenshot at post na mga netizens"  Imee informed her sister, kasalukuyang naghahanda si Irene ng mga gamit dahil kinabukasan ay flight na niya pauwi ng Pilipinas.

Mabilis na kumalat ang balita tungkol sa nangyari sa Davao. Irene was in a meeting when she found out the news. It was Anthony who told her about it at usap-usapan na rin iyon sa industriya. 

"I see..." walang emosyong sagot ni Irene as she zipped her luggage.

"Eh nagka-usap na ba kayo ni Greggy?" tanong naman ng kapatid. Irene sat on the couch and started reading some messages on her iPad, kanina pa siya tinatawagan at tine-text ng asawa but she chose not to return those calls and texts. 

Hindi niya alam kung ano ba dapat ang maramdam. She always wanted that to happen so that there's a reason for them to formally and legally separate; but a part of her thinks that she should've been that woman...

With all the what ifs on what they could've been if only...

"No... Not yet... I still have no energy to talk to him and to listen to his explanation... Gusto ko na muna mag-isip, ate" Irene explained, nang marinig naman iyon ni Imee ay ramdam niya ang lungkot sa boses ng kapatid. 

"Of course... Yes, as you should"  Imee replied from the other line. 

Pagkatapos nila mag-usap nila ng kapatid ay lumabas na muna si Irene to look for a coffee shop, she knows it already late at night but she want a new environment to think. 

And to her luck, she found a coffee shop that serves 24/7, she's choosing what to order from the menu when a familiar voice called her from behind. 

"Too late for a cup of coffee?" Anthony uttered, nagulat naman si Irene nang makita siya. He's actually Director Cabrera that Greggy mentioned few days ago. 

"Tonton! You're here!" she smiled and handed the menu to the waiter; "a cup of americano please, hot, and a blueberry cheesecake" she smiled. 

"Yup! Can't sleep eh, so I looked for a coffee shop. I didn't expect you'd be here" he smiled as they walked towards the empty table, and he also pulled a chair for her. "thanks" Irene smiled at him as they sat down.

"Neither do I" Irene replied as she held the cup of coffee. Napansin naman ni Anthony ang mood niya, marahil ay dahil na rin sa nalaman niya kanina. 

"Are you okay?" he intently asked, sinulyapan naman siya ni Irene at marahan siyang binigyan ng pilit na ngiti, "of course" maikli niyang sagot.

She sliced a small bite from her blueberry cheesecake, dumating na rin naman ang mga order ni Anthony. 

"Have you talked to him? If you don't mind me asking" Tonton asked as he sipped on his cup of coffee, magkaharap lang sila ngayon at halos hindi umimiik si Irene. They've known each other since college because he was her ex-suitor but they remained friends after that. At hindi na rin bago para kay Irene ang makausap si Anthony paminsan-minsan patungkol sa personal niyang buhay. He's been a good friend of hers since then. 

"Not yet. I don't know if it's because am hurt, or am afraid on what he might say..." Irene answered honestly, she bit her lower lip and looked at him. "Hmmm... Based on what I see, both" he answered as he leaned his body on the table to look closer at her. 

"Obvious ba?" Irene asked, tumango naman si Tonton, "yup! Irene, what you feel is valid. you're still his wife." sagot niya naman as he tapped the table with his fingers;

Fading EchoesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara