Quince

Two weeks after that tragic incident, Greggy became distant with everyone, even his wife. Simula nang mailibing ang kuya niya ay hindi pa muli siya kinakausap nito. He would always lock himself in the guest room dahil doon siya tumuloy simula nang umuwi sila. 

Their business trip was cut off that shortly, umuwi agad sila nang mabalitaan nila ang nangyari. 

But it was all too late. 

David got into a car crash while he was on his way to Tagaytay where Greggy's supposed meeting was scheduled. It was a very sudden business meeting for David as he got a call from Greggy that same day that he needed to meet one of the investors on the said site. 

But in all the misfortunes that they could have, it was David's tragic death. He was dead on arrival in the hospital as his brain stem got hit in the accident. 

And because of that, Greggy blamed himself. David would've been still with them if he hadn't asked his kuya to come to represent him in that meeting. 

Diana could've still experienced being swayed by her father on her 16th birthday two months from now...

Margrethe could've still had her father with her on stage on her graduation from Grade School by next month...

And he and Alex could've still had each other again...

Ilang araw na ring hindi kumakain nang maayos si Greggy, halos hindi nababawasan ang mga pagkain na iniluluto ng asawa para sa kaniya. 

After that incident, Greggy's father filed an indefinite leave for his son, as he knew that Greggy wouldn't be able to do his job properly as he is still grieving. And he doesn't want to pressure him to continue working. 

Irene on the other hand chose a work-from-home set-up, she only goes to the office whenever she's needed and if there's an onsite inspection and outdoor meeting. 

Siya na rin ang sumalo ng iba pang trabaho ng asawa, but her father-in-law will still act as the interim in behalf of her husband. 

Irene is currently in the living room upstairs, doing her work, when Alex came. Her sister-in-law decided to stay in the Philippines for a while to let her daughters be with their grandparents, and if Greggy would allow, with him. Pero maging ang mga pamangkin ni Greggy at si Alex mismo ay iniiwasan niya. 

The last words he said to them during the funeral were, "I'm the reason why you lost your husband, and why my nieces lost their father..."  

When Irene knew that her husband had said it, it broke her heart. She misses him, but she knows that she needs to give all the time that her husband needs in order for him to accept and feel all the emotions and heart break that he's having.

"Irene..." Alex called out, napalingon agad ito at tumayo sa pagkaka-upo, "Ate! I didn't know you'd come, nakapagpahanda sana ako" she said and exchanged beso with her sister-in-law. 

"It's okay, I brought some of Greggy's favorite, niluto namin ni mama..." she smiled. Irene nodded and offered her to take a seat. 

"How are you? And the girls? Pasensya ka na ate, hindi kami makadalaw ni Greggy sa inyo, lalo na sa mga bata..." she muttered and glanced at the direction where her husband's room is. 

Alex gave her a pale smile, halata pa rin sa mga mata niya ang mga iyak niya tuwing gabi. 

Her lips are as pale as her heart. 

"It's okay, Rene. We understand, I understand. The girls are with mama and papa, kaya ako lang ang pumunta dito to check-up on him... How is he? hindi pa rin ba lumalabas ng kuwarto niya?" Alex asked the concern visible on her face.