Trece

"Do you want to go out of town for a break?" pag-aya ni Greggy sa asawa, he's watching his wife fix his tie and polo as they prepare to go to work. Irene smiled at him and patted his cheek, "Mmmm... Can't... I got a lot of meetings these coming days, I also have to work on a proposal for Marcos Holdings, due on Tuesday" Irene informed her husband as she tightened his tie. 

"Mmm... Let's free our schedule soon, then" Greggy suggested as he tucked some hair strands behind his wife's ear. Irene looked into his eyes, giving him a warm smile;

"I'd love that. But we have to finish our pendings first" she answered;

"So pogi" Irene giggled as she rested both of her palms on his chest, Greggy smirked and held his wife closer to him. "Ikaw ha... Baka gusto mo pa ng--" agad naman itong pinutol ni Irene at kumawala sa asawa;

"Hay nako, Greggy, we're late na nga oh. Awat na. Let's go" pag-iwas niya naman. Alam niyang hindi na naman siya titigilan ng asawa kaya kinuha na niya ang bag niya. Greggy is just laughing and held his wife's hand and intertwined it with his. 

"Sige, mamaya nalang uli... Night exercise, madali tayo makakatulog sa--"

"Greggy!!!" Irene chuckled and stomped her feet, along lumakas ang tawa ni Greggy sa reaksyon ng asawa. 

"Let's go, para maaga tayo maka-uwi mamaya..." dagdag na asaar pa nito. Irene just shook her head and let out a soft chuckle. 

Greggy's driving while his wife is busy with her phone, probably checking some messages. 

From: Daddy

Please drop by here first before going to the Araneta's. 

Nangunot naman ang noo nito at nilingon ang asawa, "Did you receive a message from Dad earlier this morning?" she asked as she typed her reply to her father. "Dad requested that let's drop by at the MH Office first" she added. 

To: Daddy

Sure, Dad. We're on our way there.

Greggy glanced at her, "the last time I checked, no... Hindi ko pa uli nahawakan cellphone ko since... you know..." pag-ngisi naman nito sa asawa. Irene rolled her eyes and slightly hit him on his arm. "Napaka-landi mo talaga! Where's your phone??" she asked and started looking for it. 

Tumawa naman si Greggy, "At least sigurado kang sa 'yo lang ako malandi..." banat naman niya at nginuso ang bag niya which is placed in between them "it's on my bag lang, lovey" he added;

"eyes on the road" pagpapa-alala naman ng asawa and started searching inside his bag. When she got it, nagulat naman siya sa lockscreen ng asawa. It's been a while since she checked his phone. And the last time was about five months ago. 

His lock screen is a stolen shot of her during David's daughter, Diana's birthday party in Beverly Hills just three months ago. Nagkakalabuan na sila ng panahon na yan but Greggy taking a stolen shot of his wife at that rocky phase of their marriage made Irene's heart melt. 

In the photo, she was sitting with a champagne glass in her hand and laughing. 

"Passcode please," she asked and showed him the screen. Greggy chuckled and turned the car on the way to the Marcos Holdings Headquarters.

"Still your birthday and our wedding date, lovey" he replied. Irene couldn't help but feel the warmth. After all that had happened, he kept his promise...