Chapter 4 - Scent

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to ‘ArianaWinter’ for commenting. :)

____________________________________________________________

Recap:

I had stuck to that promise for the next two years. I swore that one day, I would make them all suffer, as they did I. And if anything, I always keep my promises.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 4 - Scent

Imogen’s POV:

   By the time I had actually gotten out of ‘bed’, the pack house was empty. It was Jayden’s 16th birthday this week, and they had all gone again. To where? I had no idea. As it was his 16th birthday and he was the next alpha, he would be finding his mate. Probably Chelsea, I thought.  I sighed, relieved that I had a whole week to rest and do whatever I wanted with Iris. The first thing to do? Get something to eat!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* 1 week later*

   The sound of multiple cars pulling up in the driveway pierced the silence of the empty house. I quickly stood up from the couch, turned the TV off, and went to open the door. I walked past the kitchen, and the smell of the steaming hot food I had just prepared wafted through the doors, making my mouth water.

   I quickly opened up the double white doors, and kept my eyes on the ground and my head bowed in submission. Group by group, they exited their cars and walked inside, completely ignoring me. The children ran ahead of the adults, laughing and squealing in delight. Finally, when everyone was inside, I got to work unpacking all the luggage from everybody’s car trunks. It was completely my job, and my job alone to do this, and it took hours! I had to carry all of it up the long and winding staircase, and place it outside each of their rooms.

   Halfway through, I stopped. I wiped the sweat off my face and headed inside. They would be expecting dinner soon.

   As I was serving the ‘teen’ group, consisting of Tyler, Chelsea and all of their friends, I noticed that Jayden and Chelsea were both missing. I quickly served off all the rounds of food, before heading back outside to finish lugging their suitcases upstairs. Jayden’s luggage was surprisingly light to carry up the stairs.

   I placed his bags outside his double doors, but paused at the strange thumping sound in his room. And then I heard Chelsea moaning and groaning, and instantly knew what they were up to. I suddenly felt Iris whimpering and whining, and my heart seemed to clench. I frowned but pushed the strange feelings aside and headed back downstairs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jayden’s POV:

   I grunted as Chelsea rode on top of me. I was extremely frustrated, as I was 16, and I hadn’t found my mate. Since I was a born alpha, my mate was meant to be part of the pack already, and when I didn’t sense her in Hawaii with me, both my wolf and I had immediately become distraught.

   I had always assumed that Chelsea was my mate, and the next Luna, but when she was the first to look into my eyes on my 16th birthday, and there were no sparks, I knew I was wrong. Part of me was ecstatic that she wasn’t my mate. I had always found her to be a slut, and I knew that she had slept around with other guys when our relationship was on. I also couldn’t see the day where she would actually protect the pack and or use her brain.

   The other part of me was surprised and confused. Chelsea was the only girl I had an actual on and off relationship with.  All of the other girls were just to have sex with. Besides, apart from her personality, she was the hottest girl in school, and in the pack.

   I froze as the scent of lavender and chamomile hit my nose from the other side of my door. My wolf, Caden seemed to get up and start whining in my mind. Then, just as suddenly as it was there, it was gone. My wolf mentally whimpered at the loss of that delicious smell, and I secretly agreed.

   Chelsea leaned down and kissed me roughly on the lips. I groaned more out of annoyance then out of pleasure, but grabbed her ass and grinded against her, trying to release all of my frustrations onto her instead. She lifted her head, arched her back and let out another breathy moan, but my mind kept wondering back to that amazing scent, and who it belonged to.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Imogen’s POV:

   I had finally completed all of my chores. I went to my tiny adjoining bathroom and brushed my teeth. I gazed into my reflection in the dirty mirror. A pale girl with almost white-blonde hair stared back at me. She had large black shadows under both purple eyes, and there were still faint, yellow bruises on her left cheek. I sighed and quickly looked away from the disturbing image, and went back to my room.

   It was around 10pm, and the house was surprisingly silent. They must be really tired from having soo much fun. Iris thought dryly. I mentally agreed with her, before saying goodnight to the only being, even if she was a part of me that I could communicate with. I quickly fell asleep, grateful that no pack members would be expected to go to school tomorrow. And if they’re all home, what would they do without lil ol’ me to push around and make their food?

____________________________________________________________

A/N: I know my chapters are a lot shorter then I’d like them to be, but I am keeping them on the shorter side so that I can update more on a regular basis. It’s the holidays! YAY! Anyways, comment/vote/fan and PLEASE let me know what you think of this story so far! If you’re a Potterhead, then check out my other story as well and lemme know your thoughts on that too. :) Thank you to everyone who reads my stories! <3 

P.S The cast I have put up for the moment is definately not certain, so if you have anymore suggestions, leave a comment or inbox me. Your suggestions will be noted down, and will most likely play the part of someone furthur on in the story.