Chapter 7 - Free

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to ‘TvdArmyfor fanning, voting and commenting. Thank you! :D

____________________________________________________________

Recap:

Jayden’s POV:

   I had rejected my own mate for some selfish bitch. Imogen really was born to be Luna. With all the shit we’d put her through for not being able to shift made her so much stronger than any of us, especially Chelsea. If she died, I would never forgive myself for this.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 7 - Free

Imogen’s POV:

   As soon as I got deep enough into the forest, I striped, packed my clothes and shifted. Iris was ecstatic to be able to run and let off some steam. I let her have full control and we ran for hours, until finally, she was exhausted.

   She let me take back control, and we stopped by a stream. I gulped down the refreshingly cold water, and then just sat down on our hunches for a quick rest. I looked into the water and saw our reflection as a wolf. We were a rather small wolf, but that gave as the advantage of being able to run more swiftly and agilely.

   Our fur was a light grey and it covered our entire back. My underside was all white, as were my paws. Even in wolf form, my eyes were still purple, but I loved it.

   I looked up into the dark night sky, and noted that the clouds were rolling in. It’s going to rain soon. Iris commented. Better find some shelter. I agreed and got up. I took another long gulp of water and set off, looking for anything that could provide a dry spot to sleep for the night.

   The sky was just opening up as the raindrops started slowly falling. I searched even more frantically, and came upon a small grove beneath a wooden ledge, that jutted out of the earth. It was just big enough for me to curl under, and I did so, just as the rain started to pour. I watched the rain pour, thankful for it, as it would wash our scent away. I soon fell into a light sleep, lulled by the smell and sound of fresh rain.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jayden’s POV:

   As soon as I had gotten over the initial shock, Tyler and I went out frantically searching for her, taking along our best warriors and trackers to hunt her down. I tried to convince myself that the only reason we were going to soo much trouble searching for her was because she was our only slave, but soo far it wasn’t working.

   Caden was whimpering inside my head at the thought of her hurt, but I ignored him, as he just made me feel worse.

   We tracked her scent all the way to the edge of the borders, and as we continued searching, the sky opened up and it started pouring. I growled and commanded the others to keep looking.

   An hour passed before the lead tracker and warrior, Ryan and Blake, came timidly up to me and explained gently that there was no way we would find her now because of the rain. They said that it would be a better decision if we continued the search tomorrow when the rain stopped, and see if there was any trace of her left. I agreed dejectedly, while looking at them tiredly.

   Ryan and Blake were brothers, and both were a few years older than me. I had known them for years, and they were the best at what they were meant to do; Find and Fight.

   We all ran back towards the pack house, eager to get out of the rain. I trailed behind and gave one last search around the area. There was nothing, and with that, I howled a long, sorrowful howl, and ran after the others. Caden was in denial, and furious with me, and for the first time since I had shifted, I felt him put a mental wall up between us, disallowing us to communicate. I trudged up to my room, ignoring Chelsea, and slammed the door shut. I went into my huge bathroom, stripped, and stepped into a steaming hot shower.