Chapter 15 - Balance

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to ‘lunask236’ for voting, commenting and fanning. :)

___________________________________________________________

Recap:

   That night, I went to bed with a huge smile on my face. I had managed to fully levitate the apple, with my eyes open, for a full ten seconds. To say I was proud of myself was an understatement. It was only when my head hit the pillow and that I allowed my mind to wonder, did I realise that it was the first time I had ever accomplished something the first time I had attempted it. It was also the first time I had not given my past any thought whatsoever throughout the day. I’m so proud. Iris spoke gently. I smiled and drifted off into unconsciousness.

___________________________________________________________

Chapter 15 - Balance

Jayden’s POV:

   It had been four months and twenty four days since she had vanished. Not that I was counting or anything… Since that day, Caden had completely shut me out. The only time he would so much as utter a word to me, was during battle, and even then, it was bluntly obvious who he blamed for his lost mate.

   At times, his block would weaken, and I would feel the pain, hurt and anger behind his walls, and it would just remind me of my own regretful decision that I had single-handedly made without a second thought.

   Tyler was no better. For days at a time, he would barricade himself in his room, not coming down or speaking to anybody. As the days dragged by, he no longer hid himself away, but instead, walked around like a hollow shell. He was dead inside. He blamed himself for his little sister’s abuse and disappearance. I knew exactly how he felt but I was her mate! Any emotions he felt, would only be half what I felt.

   If I were completely honest, I was definitely lost. I had no idea what I was meant to do now. The one true love and soul mate I was given by the gods and goddesses was gone because of me and I hadn’t wanted to carry on without her. I didn’t know if she were alive, dead, held captive and god knows what else. The unknown was slowly killing me from the inside out, but I tried my best to keep it hidden.

   According to everyone else, I was perfectly fine and normal. Why should I be any different? It was my decision to reject her anyway. Even as a child, she had always been stubborn and strong. I knew the way the adults had gazed upon her, and I had always admired the way she carried on without a worry in the world. Just because we had all abused her, does not mean we had broken her spirit for life. She did not want to wait around to just die in this place, and I knew it.

   The one thing that baffled me was how she could have gotten away so quickly, and stayed far away enough for me to be unable to find her. I had constantly pondered the thought of her having a wolf but pushed it aside immediately as the thought reoccurred to me. Shifting for the first time was unbelievably painful. If one were to shift by themselves for the first time, they would most likely lose their sanity from the pain. It was bearable when you had supportive members of your pack in your mind encouraging and instructing you through the process.

   If she were a wolf, then what was the point of staying quiet all this time? She would’ve been just like us! Instantly, I felt ashamed. Why would she want to be like us? A pack of wolves that would turn their backs on one of their own in a split second with no remorse whatsoever.

   All I knew was that rejecting Imogen was the worst decision I had ever made, and I would pay for it with eternal unhappiness.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -