Chapter 6 - Rejection

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to ‘katdrake2’ for voting and fanning. Thank you!!

____________________________________________________________

Recap:

And then my blood ran cold. It was Jayden. Jayden Hunter. My worst nightmare was confirmed when Iris started chanting in my head. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Jayden Hunter, my biggest tormentor responsible for breaking almost every bone in my body, was my mate.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 6 - Rejection

Jayden’s POV:

   All of us had decided that this bonfire was too uninteresting, so we headed inside. ‘Us’ meaning Tyler, the guys, and of course, Chelsea and her friends.

   We were lounging around in the living room when that beautiful smell hit me again. I looked up, just as a beautiful girl walked into the room. I froze. The others seemed to be saying something to her, and she looked quite frightened. Caden growled in my mine, wanting to hurt anyone and everyone that made her scared.

   I didn’t even hear what the others were saying; all I could do was stare at her. She was quite short and petite. She was dressed in shorts and a baggy tee, allowing me to see her long legs. I frowned when I saw how thin she was. Don’t tell me she’s one of those bimbos that starves herself? I groaned mentally.

   Caden growled at me again to shut up so that we could resume checking our mate out. I finally got to her face and gasped. She was pale with cropped blonde hair. And then I got to her eyes. They were a startling purple, and my wolf practically jumped for joy at the beautifully, unique colour.

I stopped short when I realised that there was only one person in the entire pack with purple eyes.

That person was the runt of the pack; the most hated and weak.

That person was Imogen Hastings, and she was my mate.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Imogen’s POV:

   My eyes widened as Jayden took more steps towards me. I looked up into his eyes to see the swirling emotions within. There was joy and happiness, but it was quickly overshadowed by disgust and anger.

   I instantly flinched away from his glare, and Iris whimpered as she tried to reach out to Jayden’s wolf. He wants us. Caden wants us, but he’s not allowing the connection. She whispered sadly. Instantly I felt guilty. Iris couldn’t have her mate, because even though in our wolf forms we would be accepted, in human, he wanted nothing to do with me, and we both knew it.

   I could see it in his eyes before he even said anything. Instead, I turned around and walked quickly out of the room. I ran back up towards my room, pushing back the tears that threatened to well over and spill.

   I gasped as I was abruptly and roughly pushed back onto a wall. My head re-exploded with pain as I tried to struggle free. I looked into Jayden’s furious face and flinched.

   “You are not to tell anyone ANYTHING. If you do, I will find out. If I find out, I will tear you limb from limb. You will not destroy the relationship I have with Chelsea. She is the future Luna. She is strong, confident, and pretty; EVERYTHING you’re NOT. No one would want such a pathetic, weak Luna like you. You can’t even shift for god’s sake!” At this, he let out a dry laugh. I stared at him wide eyes, silently begging him not to do it. I wasn’t delusional, but I had to admit, knowing I was his true mate, I had started hoping against my will that he would accept me as all mates would.