Chapter 17 - Proof

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to 'TillAllThePiecesFit' for voting and faning.

>> Photo on the side is of Imogen.

 ___________________________________________________________

Recap:

 It was almost comical the way the majority of those there whipped the heads around to stare at me again. They all took one glance at my eyes and were stunned. "Imy-Imogen?" Jayden stuttered. "Imogen Hastings?" I arched an eyebrow and looked at him in disgust. "It's Imogen Ventori now. Won't you welcome me home?"

___________________________________________________________

Chapter 17 - Proof

Jayden's POV:

   I watched on as the sleek, black cars pulled up in our driveway. We had assumed formation, which was a sort of triangle with Chelsea and I at the front. I grit my teeth to stop myself from ripping my arm out of her own that was entwined annoyingly with mine.

   The members of the Blood Moon pack began to file out. They all looked althletic, and strong, and were all wearing black, with matching dark shades. Caden began to whimper, almost nervously, and I shushed him in my mind to be quiet. 

   A tall, well-muscled man made his way to the front, and I could only assume that he was the soon-to-be Alpha, Xavier Smith. He was closely followed by a slightly less-intimidating looking bloke, who was probably their soon-to-be Beta, Drake Jordan. The rest of their pack stood behind them in a similar looking ranking as our own.

    "On behalf of the Red Dawn pack, I, Jayden Hunter, the Alpha, would like to thank and welcome you all for coming on such short notice. This is my Luna, Chelsea, my Beta, Tyler, and my Lead Warrior, Daniel." I nodded my head towards them, and held out my hand for Xavier to shake.

   He reached out his hand, slowly, and grasped firmly onto my own. A little too firmly... I winced ever so slightly at his death grip, as confusion seeped into my mind. They all seemed... so cold... so... dangerous. I quickly pushed the paranoid thought out of my mind.

   "Thank you. I am Xavier Smith, son of Adam Smith and soon-to-be Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. This is my beta, Drake Jordan, and my Lead Warrior..." Xavier broke off. His once cool voice seemed to tense up and he turned his head around slightly to look behind him. The slight clicking of heels on gravel grew louder, and I took a quicky sniff of the air.

   The smell knocked the air out of my lungs. It was magnificently delicious... and also a little familiar. I glanced over at Tyler to see that he had the same dumbfounded expression written all over his face as well.

   Xavier gave a little cough to get all of our attention again. "This is my Lead Warrior, Imogen." The instant he spoke the name, my heart began to pound, and my wolf began to whimper. "Imogen." I whispered quietly to myself.

   "It's a pleasure to... meet you." The mystery Lead Warrior spoke up, her voice ringing with confidence and... hatred? I lifted my eyes up off the ground and took a deep breath in at what I saw.

   She was tall and had cascading, long, blonde hair that shimmered in the sun like silk. Her body was slim, yet lean, and the tight black clothing she wore did nothing to hide that fact. But the biggest impact of all came when she lifted the dark sunglasses up and perched them ontop of her head.

   Piercing purple eyes stared back at mine. They were filled with barely-contained hatred and contempt, and she gave us all a smile that didnt quite reach those startling eyes of hers. And that was when I stopped short. There was only one person in all the lands that I knew of that had eyes as deep a purple as hers were. And it could not just be a coincedence that her name was Imogen as well. Everything clicked into place. Her scent, her eyes, her name, and why my wolf would not back down. My mate had finally returned home.