Chapter 5 - Bonfire

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to ‘sieara’ for commenting.

____________________________________________________________

Recap:

 I quickly fell asleep, grateful that no pack members would be expected to go to school tomorrow. And if they’re all home, what would they do without lil ol’ me to push around and make their food?

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 5 - Bonfire

Imogen’s POV:

   Tonight, there was going to be a bonfire. Jayden’s parents were worried sick about him still not finding his mate. Although Jayden claimed that Chelsea was and vice versa, everybody knew that they weren’t meant to be together. There was just no chemistry, and the way they looked at each other; it was more with lust and greed then love.

   They were literally going all out and inviting everyone. They gave out invitations and texts to nearly everyone in the school, human and wolf. Jayden’s parents suspected that his mate was probably human. It was rare, but not unheard of. The entire pack knew that if Jayden’s pack and their future Luna was in fact human, then they would all have to tread extremely carefully when they tell her about the were-world and the supernatural world in general. She would either accept it all and accept Jayden as her mate, or she would freak out and run for it.

   Surprisingly, I hadn’t seen Jayden or Chelsea all morning and afternoon. They must be going at it like rabbits. Trying to prove that they’re mates... Pathetic. Iris scoffed. I agreed with her, but didn’t linger on the topic as it made me uncomfortable.

   I was busy preparing for the bonfire. It would be held in a large clearing near the border of the forest. I walked alone as I picked up as much dry wood as I could for the fire, before taking it all back and piling it up in the centre of the clearing. I then set about hanging up lights and other decorations on the surrounding trees, and I heaved the huge stereo system out as well for the music.

   It was around 4 when I finally finished and was allowed a break. I trudged along slowly back to the house, covered from head to toe in sweat, dirt and grime. I took a long, cold shower before putting on a new change of clothed and going back downstairs.

   Both my wolf and I were surprised to see Chelsea in the kitchen, but not so surprised to see her surrounded by her usual gang of blonde bimbos. I could hear them laughing and chatting as I walked closer. They turned when I entered and Chelsea walked to the front of her ‘gang’. She snarled at me, and in my head, Iris growled back. I quickly suppressed her and kept my head down.

   “What do you want, bitch? I’m busy. Go away and bother someone else who wants to die. After seeing you around for a few seconds, they WOULD die... of revulsion!” Although I was used to this sort of treatment, it still hurt when she said those remarks. I turned to walk away, but was cut off as Tyler also walked in.

   I froze. “What the fuck are you doing in here?” He growled. In turn, I whimpered quietly as I tried to skirt around him and escape. I was roughly thrown back when a strong arm reached out and grabbed me. A shark slap to the face ad my head whipped to the side. “When I ask you a question, you answer me.” Tyler’s voice was dangerously low.

   “I... I’m s-s-sorry.” I stammered. I was thrown backwards and crashed into the wall, making my vision go all fuzzy for a few seconds. When it cleared up, I looked up at my brother’s disgusted face, and Chelsea’s smug grin, and ran out of the room, holding my throbbing head. I went up to my room and shut the door quietly, in fear that they would come back up.

   I sat on the mattress and gingerly probed my head. I winced as I touched a particularly sore part. I decided to just leave it, and decided to sleep it off. Tears ran silently down my cheeks as I curled up into a tight ball. In my head, Iris gently comforted me with soothing words until I finally fell asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jayden’s POV:

   I stood still as a statue under the steaming hot water as it cascaded down my tired body. I had been going at it all day with Chelsea. I didn’t know what it would prove to my wolf and to the pack. I sure as hell knew that Chelsea wasn’t my mate, and so did everyone else, although they wouldn’t dare object.

   I had to get ready for that stupid bonfire as well. Tyler told me it was just to relax and have fun, but I wasn’t stupid. This was a last effort from my parents to see if any of the humans at my school was my mate. When I was told about it, I had stormed angrily to my dad’s office and demanded an explanation. I retorted that Chelsea was my mate and that I only wanted her.

   In turn, my father had looked at me for a minute or so, before explaining in a surprisingly gentle voice that no matter how much time I spent with Chelsea, it would never compare to when I spent just a minute with my true soul mate. I had scoffed and stormed out without a backwards glance.

   I realised I had been standing in the shower for about 15 minutes, so I quickly turned off the water and hopped out. I used a large, fluffy white towel to dry off and dressed in a casual pair of jeans and button down black shirt. I made my way slowly out the back door towards the forest, where the music was already pumped up nice and loud.

*3 hours later*

   This bonfire was soo boring. The instant I had got there, Chelsea had jumped at me and practically eaten my face off. I knew that this was a possessive show that I was hers, and that no other female should even think about trying to flirt with me. Eventually, Chelsea got bored as well and went to hang out with her girlfriends, leaving me, thankfully, to do as I pleased.

   “Yo!” I looked up as Tyler walked towards me. “Found any lady here... interesting?” He asked wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes as he ‘discreetly’ asked whether my mate was here. “No. This is an absolute waste of time.” I answered annoyed. Tyler laughed and swung his arm around my neck. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. “You need to relax! Have some fun! Go and get a chick! It’s not like Chelsea isn’t looking for some fun, so you should too!”

   I looked over my shoulder at Chelsea, and sure enough, she was flirting with a human boy. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, but decided that I should have some fun while I’m here anyway. Not like I was going anywhere anytime soon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Imogen’s POV:

   I came around when it was dark. I looked around startle, before remembering that the house was empty and they were all at the bonfire. I stood up slowly and stretched my sore and aching muscles. I touched my head lightly, and was relieved when there was only a very slight ache. I mentally thanks Iris and headed downstairs in search of a drink

   Coming into the living room, I froze as all eyes turned to me. There were around ten teenagers in the room, and I didn’t have to look around far to know that it was Chelsea, her ‘gang’, and Tyler and his friends. “What. Are. You Doing. Here.” Chelsea growled out. I quickly stammered an apology and scanned the room. Tyler was once again looking at me in disgust, as were his friends.

   Then, my eyes fell on him. He was in the darkest corner, which was why I had missed him before. My heart started beating faster as he stepped out of the shadow. And then my blood ran cold. It was Jayden. Jayden Hunter. My worst nightmare was confirmed when Iris started chanting in my head. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Jayden Hunter, my biggest tormentor responsible for breaking almost every bone in my body, was my mate.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: There! Jayden is her mate! Guys, let me know what you thought of this chapter. Am I going too fast? Too slow? The next chapter will be up in a few days, so as usual, VOTE/COMMENT/FAN! <3