Chapter 12 - Scars

A/N: This chapter is dedicated 'debbie_evanfurnfor always commenting and voting. :D

>> Picture on the side is of Pandora.

___________________________________________________________

Recap:

   “Imogen... What is this?” Pandora’s voice was sharp and I looked down at what she was staring at. My scar that ran from my neck to my elbow. “A scar?” I answered feebly. Pandora’s face turned from concerned to ferocious in a split second. “Who did this?” She literally growled. I was terrified. “J-J-Jay-y-den.” I stumbled over the name as I felt the tears well up again. “Who is this Jayden?” Pandora asked impatiently. “He’s my mate.” I whispered.

___________________________________________________________

Chapter 12 - Scars

Imogen’s POV:

   I was an unfortunate person who had been severely bullied for years. You could understand my absolute terror when I saw Pandora transform from a rather collected, elegant, and soft-spoken person, to a person so full of anger, she was making the chair shake. “Your… your mate did this to you?!?” Her voice was dangerously quiet.

   I could only manage a terse nod of my head before I quickly scrambled backwards at the chilling glare of Pandora’s darkened, purple eyes. “How dare he?!? He went against the laws of nature by hurting his own mate. Rejection is one thing, but hurting them is another.” I froze. “How did you know he rejected me?” My trembling voice was suspicious and I tried hard to not look petrified.

   Pandora suddenly looked guilty and shrugged. “I guessed. Adam didn’t tell me anything.” She quickly turned the tables around. “Who exactly is your mate, Imogen?” Pandora looked much calmer now, so I was quick to stutter out his name. “Jayden Hunter.”

   For a split second, Pandora’s eyes seemed to glaze over but she quickly looked back up at me. “Jayden Hunter? Son of Logan and Brooke Hunter, and the soon-to-be Alpha?” I masked my surprise quickly and nodded. “How did you know?” I asked quietly, looking down at my clammy, shaking hands.

   Pandora only shrugged. “It’s a witch thing.” She said with a wry smile.

   “Speaking of, perhaps we should get started into unlocking your powers now? That it if you believe me.” She added the last part and scoffed. I raised my eyebrows. “Why should I believe it? You can’t just spring up on me that I’m some weird, crossbreed freak, and expect me to be ok with that! I was shunned from my own pack and family because apparently, I’m a fricking witch? Do you have any idea what I’ve been through these past years?!?” I practically screeched as I felt my temper rise.

   Pandora sighed and peered up at me sadly. “I am sorry that you blame your witch gene for all the unfortunate events that have unfolded in your life. I do not know much about your past, but I do hope that as we get to know each other, you will one day trust me enough to tell me everything. In the meantime, the one thing I ask of you is to believe. Believe that you are a witch and that you have power.”

   She looked at me straight in the eyes. “And not just any witch, a Ventori, and currently the last one out there.” Pandora added on the end. I tilted my head to the side.

   “What does being a Ventori even mean?” I asked cautiously. “As I said earlier, the Ventori are the most powerful line of witches of all time, starting with the first witch, Morgana Ventori. She was an orphan, but some suspect she was from another witch line, and other rumours are that she was a gift from the gods themselves because of the power she could wield from a very young age.”

   “What could she do? What did she do?” I asked, suddenly intrigued to find out more of my possible ancestor. “Morgana was said to be shunned from the orphanage for her ‘unholy’ magic, and she was on the streets at the age of 12. Luckily, a small witch coven happened to be passing by that same week, and once they realised she was one of them, they took her in and raised her like their own. Over time, her powers grew with each time she practiced her witchcraft, until she was finally deemed the most powerful witch at the age of only 24. Some of the things that she learnt within a mere week, would take the elder witches almost a full year to completely master. That was the extent of her power, and in time, she became the Head Witch.”

   “How did her line continue? Who did she give birth to?” I interrupted. Pandora smiled, seemingly glad that I was interested in my supposed ancestry. “When Morgana was on leave from her coven to tour the world and discover what each place had to offer in witchcraft, she met her mate who was about to be savagely attacked by a group of rogues. She saved him, and the rogues immediately bowed down to her. Morgana took her mate back to her coven, and healed him instantly of the multiple injuries he had. It was only then did she face her hardest decision. Leave her coven and go with her mate? Or stay and be without love for the rest of her life.”

   I gasped. “What did she choose?” I asked impatiently. “She couldn’t, so she and her mate along with her coven negotiated a deal. Morgana would go and live with her mate, but would return to her true home with her fellow witches, once every two full moons. The deal was struck, and everyone was happy. After a year, Morgana fell pregnant, and gave birth to a baby girl, whom she named Tiana. After the first few years, Tiana showed signs of having the witch and were gene, so she too, was a crossbreed. The rest of the line continued, and none other of the Ventori witches had a were mate; that is until Karina. And now you also have a were mate…”

   I nodded in silent confirmation. “Imogen,” Pandora started again. “You must trust me on this. You are a Ventori. You are a witch. Please allow me to help you unlock your powers.” ‘What do you think? Think we’re really a mix between wolf and witch?’ I asked Iris rather sarcastically. Trust her Imogen. Give her a chance. What she says is the answer to all of our questions. It fits in perfectly. She speaks the truth. Damn. I was counting on Iris agreeing with my disbelief.

   “Fine.” I snapped. Pandora’s face instantly broke out into a delighted smile. “Brilliant!” She grinned. “But there is one thing I want to see.” Her face immediately turned grave, and her expression hardened. “Show me your scars.”

   I instantly cringed and shook my head frantically. “Please Imogen. I can heal them. Scars can only be healed by witches, or time, and sometimes, not even time can do the job.” I gulped and nodded once, before turning around on the bed and pulling my top off over my head.

   Pandora got off the chair and walked closer to observe my back. I heard her sharp intake of breath as she took in what must have been a horrid and disgusting array of scars. “What did they do to you?” She whispered, and I was surprised to hear her voice break. Pandora took a deep breath before placing her hands flat on my back. I flinched, but stayed put where I was.

   Almost immediately, I felt tingles shoot down my back, and the familiar numbness returned. After about 10 seconds, Pandora removed her hands and took in a shaky breath. I whipped my head around to look at her and saw that her eyes were closed, and she was shaking. I caught a glimpse of my back in the mirror and was shocked to see the pale, scar free flesh that was my back. “I’m sorry. Healing so many scars takes a lot of energy. I will be fine within a minute or so.” Pandora said softly and I nodded.

   I felt the tears brim in my eyes and fall down my cheek slowly as I stared at the flawless skin. It was then that I noticed my neck scar. I saw Pandora looking at me as I stared at it. “I can heal that one too if you like. It’s just that that one is much bigger, and I don’t have enough energy left.” I shook my head slowly. “No. I want to keep it. It will be my reminder of all the pain they put me through.”

   Pandora just looked at me. “You will make it through this Imogen. I can already tell.” I scoffed, but for the first time in such a long time, I smiled a real smile.

___________________________________________________________

A/N: SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT GUYS! Too many damn assignments and tests coming up it’s not even funny. -.- Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this short filler chapter on some of the past and history of Imogen’s ancestors. If you have any questions or you’re confused, don’t hesitate to leave a comment or inbox me! :D COMMENT/VOTE/FAN! I’ll try my best to upload at least once a week from now on… xD No promises though! Enjoy!