Chapter 13 - Power

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to ‘youknowme123lexi’ for voting on all my previous chapters.

___________________________________________________________

Recap:  

   I shook my head slowly. “No. I want to keep it. It will be my reminder of all the pain they put me through.” Pandora just looked at me. “You will make it through this Imogen. I can already tell.” I scoffed, but for the first time in such a long time, I smiled a real smile.

___________________________________________________________

Chapter 13 - Powers

Imogen’s POV:

   “I can’t do this.” I moaned throwing my hands up in the air in frustration. “Patience young one.” Pandora said with a knowing smile, and I sighed, as I once again fixed my gaze onto the red apple in front of me, and tried with all my might to do something to it. “What is it I’m meant to do again?” I asked grouchily, glaring at the seemingly innocent apple.

   Pandora sighed. “I know this is hard for you, Imogen. Unlocking a witches powers always is, but you must concentrate! Let the power flow from your fingertips, and we will both feel the energy that the apple will conceive.” I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Having spent the past hour on this task, left me annoyed, and once again doubtful that Pandora had the wrong girl. “You must believe in yourself.” Pandora whispered.

   I closed my eyes, and concentrated. Both arms were outstretched in front of me, directed towards the apple and I breathed in and out deeply, calming my nerves and trying to find my ‘inner power’, as Pandora had put it many times. Deep within, I felt something surge through, and my excitement peaked. Just as suddenly as it had appeared, it diminished, and I was left with nothing. I wretched my eyes open and let out a small shriek in frustration.

   “I had it! I know I did! I felt it, but then it disappeared!” I groaned and placed my head in my hands. When Pandora remained silent, I lifted my head to see her staring off into space, deep in thought. “Pandooora….” I spoke in a sing-song voice, and snapped my fingers in front of her face.

   She seemed to snap out of her trance, and turned to look at me with a frown on her flawless face. “What is it?” I urged anxiously. Pandora shook her head and stood up. I followed suit. “Go and take a shower Imogen, and just relax.” I stood there shocked as she turned around and briskly left the room, leaving cold air in her place.

   I could feel the anger start to bubble up inside me at her odd departure. Had she given up on me already? Had she finally realised that maybe she did have the wrong girl after all? I pushed back the tears that threatened to well up, frustrated that I would cry over such a petty thing. I walked into the bathroom, stripped and stood in front of the mirror. No matter what, I knew I would forever be grateful to Pandora for riding my skin of those horrendous scars. My skin now looked flawless and smooth, and even though it was frighteningly pale, I knew that if it weren’t for Pandora, I would’ve had to live with all of them for the rest of my life.

   The scar wrapped around my neck stood out from the rest of my body, and I used my fingers to trace it gently. My silver locket suspended from my neck and I grasped it tightly. Apart from photos, this was the only real connection I had to my mother. It was an intricately beautiful locket, and no matter how hard I had tried, I could not pry it open to see its contents.

   I turned the water onto steaming hot and sighed as I slipped into the blissful falls. The water caressed my body in a wave of warmth and steam, and relaxed all my tense muscles.