Chapter 2 - Living Hell

Recap:

  I had no idea that all that time when I had friends, a loving brother, people who cared about me, that was all like Heaven to me, and I didn’t even know it, until it was all gone.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 2 - Living Hell

Imogen's POV:

   “GET UP! GET UP! If you’re not ready in 10 minutes, we’re leaving without you!” Tyler shouted, while banging on the door of my pathetic excuse of a bedroom. I groggily sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I looked around at my tiny room. There was a thin mattress and a few small blankets which made up my bed and half of this room, a small chest of drawers, and an even smaller table I used as a desk.

   I quickly sat up and flicked on the tiny light bulb suspended from the low ceiling.  There were no windows in here, so it was always dark. I went to the joined bathroom, which only had a mirror, a toilet and a tiny shower.

   I stripped and climbed into the shower. There was always only cold water, but I had grown used to cold showers. It was that or nothing. I quickly rinsed my body and hair, before clambering out and drying myself with the only towel I had. I proceeded to dress in my usual clothing; an oversized hoodie, baggy jeans, and sneakers. I avoided looking in the mirror while I got dressed.

   I used to be the spitting image of my mother, but ever since I was deprived of food, forced to live in this tiny room, and bullied constantly, that all changed. My hair, which used to be long and a beautiful light blonde, was now chopped short, thanks to a prank that was played on me when I fell asleep in class.

   I had been a bit pudgy when I was younger, resulting in everyone calling me fat now, even though I knew I looked like a stick now. I never got much food anyways; just the scraps, but that didn’t stop people from calling me names. My eyes were the only thing extraordinary about me. They were a vibrant purple, something I inherited from my mother. Unfortunately, this eye colour which wasn’t possible for humans, was also unheard of for werewolves, resulting in me being labeled as a freak.

   I exited my room after grabbing my bag, and quickly walked down the many flights of stairs to the kitchen. I quickly grabbed a granola bar and started eating it. It was only then that I realized that Tyler wasn’t here. I yanked open the front door and made my way to the huge garage. My suspicions were confirmed. They had left without me.

   It was almost an everyday occurrence for me to walk the short distance to school. Most of the time, Tyler ignored me, and then every now and then, he would offer me a ride to school. Sometimes I did ride with him, if I was fast enough, but most of the time he would’ve already left by the time I was ready.

   Tyler usually rode with Jayden, and his ‘girlfriend’ and my ex-bestie, Chelsea Carson. She had completely changed. The caring, kind girl I had once been proud to call my best friend had evolved completely into a rude, selfish bitch. Not to mention, she was a mega slut! Everyone else in the pack believed that she would be their Luna. That when Jayden turned 16, Chelsea would be his mate.

   I would rather die than be in a pack led by two of my most vicious bullies. Chelsea, verbally, and Jayden, physically. Ever since my brother started hating me, Jayden stopped being nice to me too. All the adults turned a blind eye to this. They knew what was going on, but they couldn’t care less. To all of them, I was the runt of the pack for not being able to shift. I was weak, pathetic, and an embarrassment to them all. How is it, that the strongest pack in the continent, was landed with a wolf that couldn’t shift?