Ill Gotten Gains

Author's Note ~

Yes! We're slacking, only one chapter again! But we will hopefully publish two next month! Even a couple of one-shots. We know those aren't exactly popular at the moment, but we figured that we should at least have 20 chapters before we decide to end the one-shot book.

»»————-  ————-««

Aja stood in front of a hologram-like image of her serrator, growing excited as her brother stood next to her, working on something while she grabbed her weapon. "Lively!" She exclaimed.

"I upgraded your serrator like you asked," Krel stated as Aja giggled. "It may be a little too strong for you."

"She's like a little kid alone in a candy store," Darci mentioned as both Aja and Krel gave her confused looks. "You know, when you're really excited about something and you have no limit with it?"

"Oh, then I agree, you described her perfectly," Krel answered as Aja was grinning madly as she looked at her serrator. She was already excited that the future accessed her more strong weapons thanks to her brother.

"I cannot wait for the future! How will this weapon work." Aja was nearly bouncing in her seat as Steve watched her with a smile.

"Too strong for me?" Aja repeated before jumping off the platform and watching the entrance to the mothership open as a target appeared. She readied her weapon, a thick gun appearing in her hand as she aimed. "Ha! Now I can actually manifest an ionic boomerang. I can't wait for the boom."

Luug whined as if he sensed the oncoming danger she could be causing. Krel turned back to face her, watching her as she prepared herself. "Careful. It's going to be hard to control." He warned again.

"I got this," Aja said as the blast began to build before firing. However, it didn't go as planned and the force was pushing her back. "No, no, no!" She cried out before her body was thrown back and hit the glass window. She let out a grunt as she dropped to the floor, coughing. "Kleb. Ugh!"

"Why does everything throw you back so forceful?"

"You know, we can sustain it."

Luug simply hopped over to her downed body and began to lick her, all the while Krel spoke up once again, reminding her. "I told you, you need to be focused." He helped his sister to a stand before continuing with his work.

"I know. You'll see," She groaned, walking away and Krel focused on his work the minute she left the platform.

"Luug, drop the ball," Krel stated, which the dog obeyed. The ball was covered in slobber but Krel pushed the fact aside, more focused on what he could have accomplished. "Now, Luug, prepare to be amazed as your Mr. Happy Ball travels through a wormhole to another planet galaxies away."

"Can we talk about how you make one is so impressive!" Eli said excitedly, nearly bouncing in his chair just like Aja had.

"I know, I am smart," Krel laughed as he watched the screen while other students were in awe at the fact that Krel was pulling things off that seemed impossible to humans. Well, they did have more advanced technology, however, it was still impressive.

As he was excited, Aja came flying backward, screaming and crashing into a nearby wall. "Ah! Kleb." Krel ignored her this time, pushing a small button on his strange device. The space within the device filled up with a vortex, blue swirls leading to an endless abyss. "Attempt 37 is a go!"

Krel tossed the ball in and gasped when nothing happened, he even checked the other side, finding nothing, only the portal leading to where ever. "Seklos and Gaylen! I-It's working?" Krel laughed victoriously, "This time it's really..." His victory was cut short when the ball slapped him in the face, however, it was in remains, the ball was left to nothing but noodles. "...ugh, busted."