VIII.Pure blood

Ruby (content warning!!!)

Running through the castle, I came across a whole lot of knights fighting furios. I was really confused as to why the furios were in Kingsland, but Alien kept shouting in his own language, not letting me stop. He sounded angrier and angrier as we advanced, he pointed at whichever direction he wanted me to go.

He led me to the royal chambers. When we finally got there, I thought that it smelled worse than usual. Alien jumped to the ground and quickly entered the room. I did the same, but then I saw something even worse than Sharkbeard getting a treasure.
I never liked Gareth, but I don't think I was ready to see him dead on the floor, with a big ass fucking hole on his forehead. Leonora was there, apparently unharmed, but there was also a stranger with a staff. The stranger was walking towards Leonora and the princess looked scared, so I figured out that I should charge against the weird lady.
I grabbed my saber and threw myself against her, going for the arm. When fighting witches or fairies, you always go for the wand or broom first, so the same had to work for her. I didn't really expect her to have it gripped so tight, since all of my strength wasn't enough to knock it off her hands. She looked at me, really mad.

I got the feeling that she was planning on leaving my face just like she left Gareth's.

Scelesta

I am about to obtain the first pure blooded offering. One step closer to the truth, that which moves all. I feel someone attacking my left arm. Oh, how annoying. However, it is but another obstacle I shall purge. The one who dared disrupt the quest for the truth is a girl. One that wears a red coat and a pirate hat. I do not sense her blood being purely from Gunpowder Island, so I cannot take her. I point my weapon at her, about to eliminate the distraction keeping me away from my objective.

A sinful creature stops me. It shares the shape of my equals, but it is full of filth, as it does not acknowledge the beliefs of the truthseekers. It charges against my face, the contact blinds me and its sins are highly contagious. I cannot obtain my offering now, as I would contaminate her pure blood. With my staff, I give out a warning to all of my equals. We must leave to get pure blood somewhere else in these lands. I make myself disappear. I must cleanse the filth this creature has lured into me, which should not take long, then we will head towards the other place, given that they may expect us to return in this castle.

Leonora

I don't usually curse, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WHAT WAS THAT?! To think that I could've FUCKING DIED if that stupid pirate didn't appear with Alien. I found it quite hard to breathe after all of it, Sir Gareth's body was still laying there and it wasn't helping at all. Ruby looked quite shaken up too.

-Are you alright?-she asked.

-I think s... I mean... Absolutely! To think that a lady such as myself would lose her composure just like that!-I answered.

-Good-she commented as she left her saber in its place-. I wouldn't hear the end of it from Alex if anything happened to you.

There was a small silence before she spoke again:-Why would she leave so fast tho?

I had no idea, but then Alien started to yell at us in his language.

-Ugh-. Ruby complained-. Alien, we can't understand you. You already know that...

-Small correction-I remarked, prideful-. You can't.

-Don't tell me you actually know what he's saying.

-Ha! You underestimate me, pirate!-I say, with a smile-. Twinkle has taught me a thing or two. Maybe if you listened more to her...

-Okay, okay!-She cut me off-. Just tell me what Alien's saying!

I listened closely, trying to understand.

-He says something about "searching for pure blood" and "dark castle"-. I translate.

-What's that supposed to mean?

-Well... Elois... I mean, Scelesta said earlier that she was gonna get pure blood.

-Who?-Ruby questioned.

-The lady you fought literally seconds ago.

I don't think I had ever thought more in a single conversation. An idea came into my mind:-What if she looks for what she wants in the Baron's castle?! He is a noble after all, not royal but still...

-Am I supposed to care about that bastard or..?-Ruby looked annoyed from the implication of having to help the Baron out.

-Maybe not about him, but about what she's gonna do.

She stayed quiet for a moment, before quickly answering:-Fair enough, I'm getting my ass there.

She tried to leave my room, but I quickly stopped her, grabbing her by the arm.

-What?

-You're not planning in going on foot, are you? I'll get you a horse on one condition: take me with you.

Ruby laughed as if she had just been told a joke.

--You? The girliest of the girls, the finest of the damsels, coming with me to fight a dark force! Please, it's not April Fools yet, princess.

--Fine!--I pointed at the dead body, pretending I wasn't still hurt by the experience and the fact that he had died while protecting me-. I can blame you for that and send you to the dungeons for life! Do as I tell you, peasant!

--Ugh--. She muttered--. Just get your ass moving, we don't have the whole day.

Ruby

Not only did I have to save the Baron out of all people I could be helping, but I also had to take Alex's dumbass sister with me! But since she understood Alien, and he seemed to know a little bit of what's going on... Also, the Chameleon was fuck knows where in the Lost World, with my friends, so I had to rely on the princess getting me a horse or something.

--Come on, what are you waiting for?!--Leonora hadn't moved at all, even after I told her we had to leave--. This'll be more complicated if we let anyone else get here before we leave--. I remarked, staring right at Gareth's corpse. She was looking at it too, but her face showed way more negative emotions than mine.

--I can't...--her voice cracked, but she regained her confident attitude right away--I can't go near that!

--You're such a princess.

I walked towards her and lifted her. The one that is trained in the "carrying damsels in distress" department is Alex (and I'm not even sure if he wants to carry damsels), so I didn't even know what I was doing. But I managed to carry her for the little while it took me to step over the dead body without breaking her ribs or something, so it's totally fine.

I had to almost drag her through the castle, tho. Why ask me to take her with me if all she's gonna do up until we get to the stable is stare back?

--Ladies first--. I told her once we got ourselves a horse.

--We're both ladies--. She answered, with an annoyed expression.

--Speak for yourself!--I crossed my arms.

Leonora got on that damn horse, and I went after her. I had absolutely no idea of how to ride a horse, so she took the lead instead. I found it unexpected at the time...

We got out of the castle before the guards could notice us leaving, but as we crossed the gate, I could already hear some screams coming from the tower Leonora's chamber is in.

Y'all could please notice that Scelesta doesn't use any type of abbreviations? Please do it's a pain in the ass to write

Wicked [Super 4]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें