XVI.Blood on cold hands

Gene

Surprisingly enough, we don't find as much chaos as I expected inside of the Chameleon. And those three better be thankful for that, because if they had done anything to my dear baby, would've had to clean it up until their hands fell off. The three of them are still sitting in the same spot. Twinkle is fidgeting with her wand, Franz is looking at nothing and the annoying adventurer is staring at his hat, which is in his hands instead of on his head. Alex looks at me as if he believes he's dreaming. It is understandable, after all he's currently witnessing Rock Brock being in total silence. A quite rare sight, if I say so myself.

--Alex!--Twinkle cheerfully greets him--. Where are we heading next?

Alex thinks for a while, but he doesn't manage to give her an answer, since we have currently no clues of Ruby's whereabouts. After all of this ends, I'm definitely creating a localisation device for ALL of them.

I sigh before explaining what I've come up with:--I've figured that, since we're chasing after a witch, then the most rational thing to do...

--The witch?! We're going after her?!--The fairy asks me, looking horrified--. I thought we were looking for Alien, Ruby and Leonora!

--Don't worry, Twinkle--Alex reassures her with a smile--. We can do it, I believe in us. We may not be the best team out there, but we can make it work. Right, guys?

Rock Brock and Franz don't say anything.

--Right, guys?--He repeats.

--Huh? YEA!! Absolutely! You don't have to worry about ANYTHING, Twi! Rock Brock's here!

Franz simply nods.

--Ahem. If I may continue--I speak up--. I believe the most rational course of action now is to pay a visit to Babacara. It may be time to test Twinkle's hypothesis of Eloise being Babacara's apprentice.

Alex looks at me, confused, then at Twinkle, and then at me again, before speaking up:--What did I miss..?

--Oh, bro! Twi made an absolutely TREMENDOUS theory a while ago--Rock Brock exaggeratedly tells him--. She said--He pauses, to give emphasis I suppose--that the witch was actually Babosa's apprentice!

--Babosa..?

--Babacara--Franz clarifies--. He means Babacara.

--OH!

--Yes, she made some remarkable deductions--I explain, while Twinkle looks like she just won "scientist of the year" (or "magician of the year", if that was real)--. Since Babacara said that Babacara blamed both you and her for her apprentice disappearing, Twinkle assumed she had to be the lady that the fairies banned from the castle due to a petition of being taught the "arts" of "witchcraft".

--Well, that's just amazing! Well done, Twinkle!--he congratulates her.

--Why don't we go to Enchanted Island, then?--Franz suddenly proposes--. Babacara won't be happy to see us, since she blames you guys. However, even if the fairies are often hostile, they have information as well and are less likely to attack us.

--But I'm banned!--Twinkle objects.

--You can stay here... With a certain someone--I glance at Rock Brock.

--Oh well, okay!

--It's decided then! Off to Enchanted Island!--Alex says before going to his seat.

--Wait, bros! When do we sleep?

--Well, we'll see if the fairies are willing to talk at night. They don't sleep, after all! If we're too tired, tho, we can sleep here in the Chameleon in front of the Castle and go tomorrow!--the knight answers.