six. angeline

six. angeline

Three out of the four friends watched as Harper, one of the most hated and most admired people in school as of now, walked past them

Three out of the four friends watched as Harper, one of the most hated and most admired people in school as of now, walked past them. Amerie smiled after seeing the blonde girl previously being rejected by Sasha and Missy a few seconds ago. Reggie was too busy looking down at his phone to care.

"Half the school thinks she's an untouchable icon," Quinni remarked with a certain admiring gleam in her eyes. "And the other half thinks she's a batshit banshee," Darren added.

"And I am not wasting another brain cell thinking about her," Amerie stated with a prideful smirk on her lips. "I spent all weekend manifesting a beautiful new reality and I have zero shits left to give about anything."

"Okay, Amerie, wake up," Darren spoke to their friend. "Your heart is shattered into a million, tiny, pathetic pieces."

Amerie turned to look down the hall. When Darren followed her eyes, they nudged Reggie's elbow to get him to notice as well. The Wilson boy shot a glare at Darren before seeing Malakai in a black hoodie with a slightly depressed expression on his face.

"Let's go," Darren said, shaking Amerie's shoulder to snap her out of her daze. "Forget about Threesome Boy."

As Darren, Amerie, and Quinni made their way down the hallway, Reggie found himself lingering behind, his eyes fixed on Malakai. Despite an urge to approach him and start a conversation, he knew that doing so would only add fuel to the already tense situation with his friends.

Ultimately, he decided to keep his distance and let things cool down. As he turned to leave, Reggie couldn't help but feel a tinge of regret for not taking the chance to talk with Malakai.

"I'm literally the hottest thing this side of the bridge and he's treating me like a foot fungus," Darren ranted to their friends, posing in front of the Polaroid camera that Quinni held in her hands. "Ca$h is officially expired."

"Maybe he doesn't like boning as much as you do," Quinni suggested.

"Have you seen who he hangs out with?" Darren responded. "If those eshays aren't dealing drugs, they're wheeling with their dicks."

"Not everyone functions the way you do," Reggie shot without glancing at the Rivers teenager. In his mind, the whole issue between Darren and Ca$h was obvious. Ca$h merely doesn't enjoy having sex and Darren was too horny to accept that. In other words, Ca$h was asexual.

"And, besides, you guys haven't even had a conversation about what you're both looking for yet," Quinni added to the Wilson boy's statement. "That's something that Sasha and I did when we first started dating."

"Aw... or I could just get shit-faced and forget he ever existed," Darren proposed. "Hey, Amerie, your mum's still working the night shift tonight, yeah?"