twelve. legs open hearts broken

"Okay fine but this is your last chance to get it right," Faran warned with a pointed finger

"Okay fine but this is your last chance to get it right," Faran warned with a pointed finger. Reggie nodded his head eagerly. The Blackwell girl cleared her throat before preparing for the hand game called Numbers. "All right, three... two... one... go!"

They started the pattern of clapping and hitting each other's hands. Reggie laughed at them beating their old high score... of 3. But it was fine, he was just introduced to this game five minutes ago. His enthusiasm grew as they reached the double digits.

"I can't believe how amazing it was!" exclaimed Spider as he walked between the two friends. His enthusiastic gesture caused the two of them to fumble and lose their balance for a moment and caused Reggie to yell, "Watch it, dickhead!"

Spider nonchalantly flicked his tongue, a dismissive gesture aimed at Reggie, before continuing his conversation with Ant. The tension between Ant and Reggie had been palpable ever since the CUMLORDS secrets were exposed in front of everyone at the oval. But today, Reggie was certain that he had devised a plan to break the ice and get Ant to talk to him again. He couldn't help but feel a bit nervous as he waited for Ant's reaction.

"Earth to Reggie," Faran's voice broke Reggie out of his daze of watching his ex. His eyes shifted from Ant to his friend, who rolled her eyes at his obvious act. "You were, you totally were staring at Ant. Maybe if lost my memory or something, but, uh, weren't you the one who said many, many, many times that you weren't getting back together with him?"

"I'm not getting back together with him," Reggie shook his head.

"You're a terrible liar," Faran declared. She turned to look at Spider and Ant talking. "Look, I'm not gonna tell you what to do in this situation. But seriously, think about what this will do to you, okay? I don't want my only friend to get his tiny little heart broken into a million even tinier pieces."

Reggie stood with a pensive look on his face, his lips pursed tightly together as he intently gazed at the Vaughn boy. His mind was racing, evaluating the potential outcomes of the decision he was about to make. The weight of the situation was heavy on his shoulders, and he knew that his choice could have far-reaching consequences.

Reggie chowed down on the family-sizer bag of potato chips that he snuck into his bag. His eyes focused on Ant as the rest of his friends chatted and giggled together. The tapping sound coming from the speakers caused Reggie to cover his ears and his eyes to shift from the boy sleeping by a window seat two rows in front of him to Zoe at the front of the shuttle.

"Okay, time for an election poll update," Zoe said through the speaker. "Amerie Wadia and her skank party have now slumped in the polls due to her recent mishap."

"She really has it out for me," Amerie whined at the Clark girl's words. Darren snickered before making a remark and patting her knee, "It's just Puriteen propaganda."