Chapter 8 Alive

Chapter 8 

Katsumi’s POV

I shouldn’t have talked about Mason. He was all I was thinking about now. I thought about all the times we spent together and the last time I saw him alive. That night replayed over and over in my head trying to understand how everything just got so out of control. This was entirely my fault.

I didn’t want to talk to Faelin, but I knew I had to. I wasn’t even going to do it for my benefit anymore. I was going to talk on behave of everyone that couldn’t.

I was afraid, I was deathly afraid. In two months I would be sitting in front of everyone in court. All eyes on me, hating me for what I had caused to happen. Their parents, my family, and many others, they would all be there.

I walk into the usually room and found Faelin sitting there like always. She did however seemed to be deep in that about something, but when the door closed behind me she snapped out of it. I didn’t bother to ask what she was thinking about.

I cleared my throat to start the awful retelling ofthe past few months of my life, but Faelin stopped me.

“Katsumi I went to see Mason yesterday.” She said sheepishly.

I didn’t understand why she was telling me this. Why was going to his grave important for me to know? “So?” I cocked my head to the side trying to figure out what she was getting at.

“I think it can help. I learned a lot when I went to visit him. The relationship the two of you had could be some kind of proof that you didn’t murder all of them. I know its not really all that good of a plan, but…”

“Yamete! Dama tsu, just shut up!” I yelled tears welling up in my eyes. “What are trying to do? Is it not bad enough that he’s dead?You keep talking about like he is still here or something. What you wrong with you?”

“He’s alive.” She stated.

“W-what?” Tears were rolling down my face. That couldn’t be true.

“He is a-live. Mason is alive.” She said slow and loud like I was hard of hearing.

“But I …he was…uh eh…I saw. I was there.”I struggled to find the words. I couldn’t believe what she was saying.“I saw him. All the blood and everything. He, he died right beside me.”

“He didn’t die. He was just unconscious not dead. He is fine now.” She said softly.

“But they said that I had killed six people. Who was the sixth person?”

“The murder that happened earlier. That is the sixth one.” She said icily.

“Oh.” That was all I said. That was all I could say.

We sat not saying anything. The only thing you could hear was our breathing, the humming of the lights, and the tape recorder on the table. We sat like that for maybe an hour. Until I decided to break the silence.

“Well how is he?” I asked. Knowing that he was alive just made the world so much better. Faelin paused for a few seconds. I was starting to freak out a little, I mean its not that hard of a question to answer. I was going to ask her another question, but she decided to finally answer me.

“He has been drawing.” That’s not the answer I was looking for. “He…Uh…he doesn’t remember much of what happen that night. The doctors say it’s just his mind trying to protect itself. To keep him from going totally crazy.”

“Crazy?” She looked at me like she had just made a huge mistake.

“But they think that some of it is starting to come back to him.Some of his drawings are of the murders.” Faelin said ignoring my question.

“What did you mean by ‘keep him from going totally crazy’? Is he seeing a therapist or something?”

“He’s in a mental hospital.”

“Why?” I asked breathlessly.

“H-he tried to kill himself.”She looked me in the eye. “I don’t know why he did. He wouldn’t tell the doctors when they asked him and I didn’t feel like it was my place to ask. For now Mason is going to be living there.”

“How can I help him?” This was too much for me. I didn't kill him but I couldn't be happy because  he tried to kill himself.

“The only way you can help him is if you help yourself.”

________________________________________________________

Chapter 8 = short chapter :(

Yamete! means Stop it!

Dama~tsu means just shut up