Chapter 20 Slutty is What We Aim For

Chapter 20

Faelin’s POV

I had been feeling awful the passed few days so here I was at the hospital. I don’t know if it was some kind of bug or maybe I was feeling bad because all the stress I’ve been through the last couple of weeks. Working on Katsumi’s case and everything.

“Mrs. Klein, I have good news for you. The cause for your illness for the past few weeks was just morning sickness.” The cheerful doctor told me.

“Morning sickness?” I mouthed trying to make since of what she was telling me.

“Yes. Congratulations Mrs. Klein you’re pregnant. We’ll have to do an utra sound to see how far along you are but my guess is somewhere between six and ten weeks.” The doctor mistook my shocked and disbelieving face for one of happiness.

“Pre…pregnant.”

I couldn’t be. This wasn’t happening, just some kind of nightmare. I couldn’t be carrying Ryan’s baby.  But it is true. A person is growing inside me. As clear as day you could see it, a little baby, on the monitor.  It’s too soon to tell what if it’s a boy or a girl yet…but it is Ryan’s and my baby. I guess I have no choice but to tell him. He always wanted kids.

***********************

I was nervous about seeing him again let alone about what I have to tell him. It’s been a month since I told him I didn’t want to marry him. I reached out a rang the door bell to his apartment. As I heard the footsteps coming to the door I wanted to just run away.

“Faelin?” Ryan said when he saw me in the doorway. He was shirtless. He usually was unless he was going somewhere it was a bad habit of his. “What are you doing here?” His voice was cold but that was to be expected.

“Hi Ryan. I just needed to tell you… something.” This was the right thing to do. I had to tell him about his child and I had to do this in person. Over the phone was just out of the question.

“What?” He said sounding annoyed. I guess he wasn’t going to let me in. So I would just have to tell him from out here in the hall.

“Umm…its…its kind of hard to …tell you.”

“God Faelin just spit it out or leave.” He let out in a huff.

“I…I’m pregnant.” I whispered and his jaw dropped. So many emotions were running through his face it was impossible to tell what he was thinking until he finally picked one.

“Whose baby is it?” He sneered at me. It pained me to hear him say that for many reasons. Tears threatened their way to my eyes.

“Ryan, who’s at the door?” A girl asked coming out of the living. We both turned to look at her. She had to be at least ten years younger that me, maybe twenty or twenty one. And on top of that she was beautiful. I guess its not that big of a shock to see that Ryan had moved on.

“Ah…no one.” He told the girl and before he could turn back to me the elevator doors were already closed.

Katsumi’s POV

Faelin came in looking a little down but she didn’t make a big deal about it. Without any warning she spoke. “Okay…so your next court date is about two months from now and the trial will start. We need to start building up a defense.”

“What more can there be. I didn’t do anything wrong that night.” I told her.

“That won’t mean anything in court. We need hard evidence.” She said half heartedly.

“There isn’t any. All the evidence there is points to me being the murderer. If I was looking at someone else in my shoes…I would think they did it. I don’t see how you believe me like you say you do.” I was starting to feel like all of this was pointless. One way or another I would end up locked away and left to rot.