Chapter 14 Partners

Chapter 14

Today Faelin was here on time 9:30 sharp. But something was off about her I couldn’t really put my finger on. Before I got started she left for the bathroom twice. When Faelin was finally settled I restarted the story of my car crash of a life.

******

We had gone to the zoo on a Saturday.

Sunday I spent the day doing homework and cleaning. It was strange to always have to clean with there only being three people living in the house. And most of the time it was only Mrs. Williams and me.

That Monday morning I was finding it really hard to get ready school. I played with the idea of wearing the green and black zebra print shirt Shane had got me. After about twenty minutes debating wether I should wear it or not.

I decided on not to and settled on a navy blue Cami, an off white short-sleeve deep V-neck shirt, a long black&whitestripped sweater, and dark wash skinny jeans. And don’t forget my all time favorite all black high top converse. Once I was dressed I made my way down to the bus stop.

“Hiya Tuesday!”

“Ugh! Why are you so cheery this morning?” Tuesdaygroaned holding the sides of her head.

“I don’t know. Why are you so…so not cheery?”

“Well first of all I’m not a morning person, second, I stayed up half the night studying for a test that I had totally forgot about.”

Our bus came later than normal so we didn’t have time to meet up with everyone before classes started. I made my way to my class as Tuesday headed towards hers. When I walked into the classroom Mr. Schwartz was writing something on the board. As people started filing into the class I took my seat in the middle third row.

I noticed that Mason was staring mindlessly out the window while he tapped his fingers on his desk.

“Alright Class” Mr. Schwartz started after the bell rang. “I’m pretty sure you are all sick of hearing about cells and their different functions. So before we dive into the next section, I decided to dive you all a brake.”

To that he was given cheers, woots, and hollers.

“So…” He continued after everyone died down. “I’m giving you a group project.” Boos erupted from the class. “Quiet everyone. For this project you can choose anyone who made a contribution in the name of science. Now to be fair I grouped you all based on your grades.”

Everyone started to eye each other, trying to figure out who they would be paired up with.

“Alright so we have Tony and Erin, Morgan and Sydney, Matt and Jack…” He went on pairing people up in a random order so we couldn’t really tell who had what kind of grades. “Piper and Eiffel, Katsumi and Mason, and lastly but not least James and Crispin.”

I looked to Mason who was now looking at me.

“You know your partners, so get together and pick a subject because no one can do the same one.”

I already had someone in mind so I quickly made my way over to Mason. “You wanna do Charles Darwin?”I whispered so no one could take my idea.

“Okay yeah.” He chuckled. “ Mr. Schwartz, We’re doing ours on Charles Darwin.”

“Good choice. Mr. Darwin will be part of our discussion in the next section. Class this project will be due in two weeks.”

“So how have you been?”

“Huh?” I had already gotten started scribbling down basic info about Darwin from out of the book.

He placed his hand over mine to stop me from writing. So I looked up at him. “How have you been? I haven’t talked to you in a while.”