Chapter 22 4am

Chapter 22

I had so many questions running through my mind. Each time I prepared myself to ask a question another on would consume my thoughts.

How was I their sister? What did it mean? What were the Blood Sisters really? What was happening? Why was this happening? What was with this tattoo? Why was it this glowing purple? When did it get there? Who was responsible for this? Which question should I ask first?

My mind was buzzing and my world was becoming fuzzy. As I started to slip away into the darkness. I felt a sharp sting hit my left cheek and tears sprung in my eyes.

Instantly my vision cleared and I watched as Juno’s hand reeled back to her side.

“If you faint we’ll just leave you here.” The was no falter in her voice. She was being dead serious, they would leave me.

So I pulled myself together and asked my first question.

“What just happen here?” I asked calmly and slowly so that my words couldn’t be misinterpreted. 

“You officially joined our coven through the blood bonding.” And before I could asked Angel raised her hand. “The glowing tattoo was  the blood bonding. Only Vampires and werewolves have to use really blood. Messy things.”

“Vampires..?” I was really messed up and they were pulling a prank on me.

“Cut it out Angel, those things aren’t real.”

“Hey!” Odette exclaimed.

“Okay they are real. They are for the most part are extinct.” Juno said rolling her eyes.

“Just extinct.” Everything they were saying had to be part of some script. None of this was real. It was Halloween after all. A time for ghost stories and freaking people out.

“I don’t know about those puppies but vampire blood is still out there and very much alive. See this.” Odette pulled the lacy glove off her hand and wiggled her slender fingers. Her tattoo was the purest red I’ve ever seen. “The color represents the person’s family lineage. Of the four of us mine is the richest.”

“How?” All our marks were pretty much the same. What would be so important about the color and individual shapes.

“All of us bare the fire mark. All witches do. Like Odette said color is for bloodline. And the shape is for individual signature. No ones matches with all three.  So within the witches that have red fire marks only Odette has the heart. But in a different bloodline someone else might have it.” Juno explained.

Witch. That was all that was running through my mind. Everything else they were saying didn’t matter.

“Take me. I have the fire mark that makes me a witch. My color is red so that means I have Vampire blood. And not just any vampire. I am part of the long bloodline of the Count Dracula!” Odette squealed like a little girl.

“It’s Dracula’s brother not Dracula himself.” Angel scoffed.

“It’s the same so stop trying to make it sound any less impressive than it is.”

“It doesn’t sound like it because its not. I bare the color green meaning I share the bloodline with demons. Those are real and they walk among us. My co-captain on the cheer squad is one. She says that after graduation she might go to Hell and visit with some of her old friends.”

“I always know that Meagan smelled funny.” Odette said looking like she was thinking back.

“You’re so stupid.” Angel shook her head.