chapter 19 Innocent

Chapter 19

I trailed off. Faelin looked as if she was deep in thought about something. I waited quietly for her to come to.

“Oh okay.” She smiled. “You have a court date scheduled for tomorrow.”

“What’s gonna happen.”

“It’s going to be a quick one, maybe half an hour to an hour. It’s just going to be weather you plead guilty of innocent. It would have been earlier but with the changes in you lawyers it got pushed back.”

“I’m innocent.”

“Is that what you want to tell them?”

“Yes! I didn’t kill anyone. I’m innocent.”

“I’m only asking because if you are found guilty there will be no leeway on your sentencing. If you plead guilty you might be offered a deal of some kind.  All that will be off the table if you plead innocent.”

“I don’t want a deal! I didn’t do anything wrong!”

A guard rushed in because of yelling. He took me by the arm and cuffed me behind my back.

Faelin’s POV

“I’m innocent.” She said as the guard escorted her out. I left home afterward there was nothing left for me to do.

***********************

The Press was all over the place outside the courtroom when I arrived this morning. They we’re yelling, asking all kinds of questions, and taking pictures. It got ten times worst when Katsumi arrived. She was rushed inside through the mob of reporters and camera crews.

“What was with all the cameras?” Katsumi whispered when she sat beside me.

“This case is big news around the world.” I told her. The nature of the crime is big enough news as it is. Add in her age and that she is foreigner makes it all.

“All rise for the honorable Judge Sanders.” An old white stubby man in robes walked in from his chambers. When he took his seat the bailiff continued. “You may be seated. Plead hearing case 740-0026, Defendant Katsumi Ichigawa.

Judge Sanders adjusted his glasses. “Ms. Ichigawa, it seems you are facing some very serious charges. And for a young lady like your self. Crimes like these are generally done by sick and twisted men.” I heard that this judge was notorious for trying to give people life lessons during their hearings. The man loves to hear to himself talk. “Ms. Ichigawa you have been charged with one count of pre-meditative murder, five counts of aggravated murder, and one count of  attempted murder.” He read off a list and then looked at Katsumi. “How do you plea?”

Katsumi stood and for the longest time said nothing. “I plead not guilty!” She said with so much definition.

“You will be given a trial by jury. Your next court date will be at eight o’clock in the morning on September twenty-first.” Shortly after a police officer escorted Kat away.

I was left to deal with the press on my way out.

“What did Britney plead?” A reporter asked.

“Her name is Katsumi and she plead not guilty.”

“Do you believe she is Innocent?”

“I am her attorney.”

“How much time do you thing she will spend in jail if found guilty?  What does her family think? Does she feel any regret?  Is it true she was romantically involved with one of the victims? Is Katsumi a devil worshiper?”  Being bombarded with all these questions from everywhere was giving me a headache. I slipped through the throng of reporters without saying another word and drove straight home.

A/N

I know this is a short and crappy chapter. It’s a filler thing but it is important to the story and had to be in there. The next chapter will be a WHOLE lot better! I had fun writing that one. And the one after. They show be up later today or tomorrow :D Thanks for reading ~October