Chapter 9 Don't Talk to Strangers

Chapter 9

I went back to my cell after discussing about Mason with Faelin.No one was in there so I crawled into my bunk and started to cry myself asleep. As soon as I started to drift into unconsciousness someone came into the cell.

“What’s wrong Kat?”

I just rolled over to see Melanie coming over to sit beside me.

“Come on Kat tell me what’s wrong.”

“He’s alive.” I whispered.She had a shocked look on her face. Melanie was the only person who I had told almost everything to.

“Mason?” She asked.

“Yes. He’s the boy who lived.” I said with a half smile.

“That’s not funny!” She said pushing me playfully.

“Him and my other friends took me to see Harry Potter because I had told them that I had only seen the first one.” I said thinking back. “It was a movie fest.”

“Well in a few months all this is gonna blow over and you can watch all the Harry Potter you want.” She laughed then her face changed into a more serious one.

“This Faelin woman is really trying hard to help you. You need to stop all of this.” She gestured to all of me. “Kat you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself. It’s not helping you and it’s certainly not helping Mason. Now next time that woman comes back to see you. You better tell her everything she wants to know.”

“You’re right. I know that’s what I have to do, but its so hard having to relive all that.”

“No buts! By the time I find myself back on the outside, back to the real world…I want to see you there with me. Got it?” She slapped me on the thigh.

“Yes ma’am.” I saluted her and we both started laughing.

Melanie was awesome, she always know the right thing to say. I know she will never give up on me.

Faelin came back the next day seeming to be way more focused. I greeted her and started talking before she could say something in return.

*******************

It took me about a month to get into the swing of things. I even got into my old habit of reading in every spare moment I had. Which wasn’t very often thanks to my new friends.

At my new house I was still being called Britiny. Mrs. Williams had me cleaning on a timed schedule. It wasn’t all that bad I hardly every had to talk to the woman and when I was still at home I cleaned up anyway. It was just annoying to have to do it on schedule.

It only took me the rest of that first day to believe that Mason was really Juno’s boyfriend. But during the whole first month there was nothing to make me believe that Juno and her friends were any type of witches.

School, itself was going along great. I had made friends in everyone of classes. My photography class was my favorite but if I had to choose another it would be have to be my study hall class.It was a little different from a normal study hall; sometimes we had assignments to do to get to know each other better. Poems and random quotes are what most people chose.

Sometimes people went in groups others by themselves it was fun and it gave everyone to say or do anything they wanted.

“I’m going to use green, pink, and yellow in one sentence.” A boy said making his way to the front of the class.

“You just did!” A few people called out.

“Shut up. Okay here I go. I heard the phone was ringing Green Green, so I Pink up the phone and I said ‘Yellow who’s there?’”He stood there waiting for us to laugh, but everyone stayed quite. “You guys suck.”