if i showed up at your party

Note: sorry it's been a while since I've updated! I've been busy and working on this chapter took longer than I thought. it's a little bit of a mess, but I hope you guys enjoy it anyways!

If you don't like listening to music while reading, you don't have to, but I recommend you listen to "lacy" by Olivia Rodrigo when the chapter switches to Poppy's POV. I'll include the link where you should start listening.

Yes, you heard that right, Poppy's POV. I know most of this story has been about boys so far, but I'm finally including the girls this story so desperately needs.

Enjoy!! <3

If I had any doubts about my feelings for him before this point, they were long gone.

That kiss gave me the same feeling I get when I fly too fast on my broom, and the feeling hasn't left yet. My stomach was being swarmed with butterflies and my face was probably redder than Garreth's hair. My life was going downhill in a way I wasn't expecting, and now it seemed like my life was all about boys. I guess, in a way, my life has always been that way. I have 3 brothers and Sebastian and Ominis are my only friends. Until now, that wasn't a problem. But now I could use a girl to talk to about this stuff. But maybe later. I wasn't in the mood to be social.

I watched Sebastian walk back into the party a few minutes ago, and I haven't moved since. Memories blurred my sense of reality as I stood there, frozen, with my feet planted on the dusty stone floor.

Did I imagine that, or did it feel as real as it can get? It felt more real than just about any kiss I've had with Garreth.

This was unlike anything I've ever felt before. I didn't know much about kisses, but that one felt so passionate. It's truly something I've never experienced. Mostly when I would kiss Garreth, they were laced with alcohol or some other drugs. I'd often wake up in the middle of the night to hear him walk past my dorm, laughing loudly with his friends. He acted differently around them than me, and that bothered me. But I was scared to lose him, so I never spoke up.

My legs propelled me back into the party, my head pounding in the same rhythm as the loud rock song playing right now. A couple of Gryffindors were on the floor, rolling around in their drunken state, and I stepped over them, eyeing the room subconsciously.

I found Sebastian standing back in the corner, arms crossed and one foot against the wall. He was standing there silently until his chocolate-brown eyes met mine.

Well, shit. I didn't think this part through.

What was I supposed to do? Walk over and cause yourself further embarrassment? Smile and wave, looking like an absolute dumbass? Or just look away and pretend this awkward interaction never happened?

He smirked at me, and my stomach started its gymnastics routine. I smiled, trying not to look too eager. Although smiling felt weird now. I made my way to the other side of the room and came across a mirror, where I noticed that my lips were swollen from the kiss.

Shit.

I gently touched my lips, and they were a little tender. Although thank Merlin, Sebastian shaves. I didn't need any irritation around my face from some hint of a beard all the guys in my year are trying to grow.

Or more specifically, Garreth.

I would have to use healing cream after the irritation got too bad when we would get particularly intense with our makeouts.

I looked away from the mirror and stood against the wall, breathing hard while everyone was dancing around me. I saw Sebastian move his foot off of the wall and started walking in my direction, and I closed my eyes before I could see what happened.