and there goes my well-being

After the clock finished running backward, the class finally ended. I've had enough Garreth for one day.

"Hey, Aura?" A familiar voice said quietly, one it seemed like I hadn't heard in forever.

I turned and there was Sebastian, surprisingly, without Violet. "Hey? Where's your other half?" I asked, and it came out more aggressive than I had meant.

Oh well. He deserved it, that traitor. And I was glad to see him without Violet for once. I was beginning to think someone had glued them together.

"We got in a fight." He said simply.

"Oh? So, are you guys dating now?" I asked, hoping he'd say no.

He nodded slowly, smiling. "I really like her."

I was beginning to think that Merlin liked to ruin my life.

I smiled up at him while my heart sank to the floor. He should be happy after what I did to him. But also, we weren't even dating. Why am I so upset? I was the one who did this to him. I could've still been going strong with him, even though it was fake. If I would've kept my mouth shut about Garreth, maybe I would've had a chance. But obviously, I can't keep my mouth shut about anything.

"Well, congratulations? Why are you guys fighting, though?" I said halfheartedly.

"Shh. Too many people around. Let's talk at dinner." He said, speed-walking out after giving me a quick smile.

What was I supposed to do now?

________

I wanted to see what was going on with Sebastian. I could give him advice and hopefully get him back myself, for real this time. But I've ditched Garreth one too many times. Merlin knows what would happen if I ditched him again. He'd probably lure me into a dark alley and force-feed me one of his potion creations.

I shuddered at the thought, walking out.

Until I saw the boy in front of me that I knew could solve all of it.

"Ominis!" I said. He turns, smiling softly.

"Yes, Aura?"

"I have a problem," I complained.

He sighed. "I'm glad you're finally coming to me with your problems for once, but is your life ever boring?"

I laughed. "It was until you told me about Garreth cheating on me. How did you hear about that, anyway?"

He laughed, tapping his finger to his chin like he was trying to recall the memory.

"It was a dark and boring Thursday," he starts. "I woke up that morning and-"

"Stop!" I said, laughing. "I want to know what happened."

He started up again, rolling his eyes. "Like I was saying, I woke up and-"

"No!" I said, putting my hand over his mouth. "Not what you did this morning. I always hear about it, anyway. I want the moment it happened."

He rolls his eyes again. "No one appreciates my stories anymore," he mumbles.

"Shush! I love them and you know it. Now tell me!"

He smirks. "I was walking to Charms when I heard Garreth talking. And he talks a lot. So usually I don't do anything about it. But this time, he mentioned your name."

______

(Ominis POV)

"Come on, Ominis! Don't back out on me now! I need to know the details! Everything!" She clapped on every word, trying to get me to explain, but it honestly just made me laugh.