all's fair in love and butterbeer

I was about to storm off and go finish my waffles elsewhere because I had left them outside in the complete confusion of a "secret door" thing. I picked up my plate, ready to go, when suddenly the door opened.

"What do you want now?" I ask, not even needing to turn around.

"I'm...sorry. I didn't mean to say that," he says, leaning against the door before it disappears back into the stone wall.

"I think you made your words very clear," I hissed, turning away, positioned to run away if needed.

He grabbed my free arm that wasn't holding the waffles and pulled me towards him.

A gasp escaped my throat as his nail dug into my wrist, and he smirked. "You're not leaving until I say you can."

I tightly closed my lips as he started speaking in a low voice. "You can't just admit feelings for me, and then leave the room. You wouldn't do that for Gar-Bear, would you?" He sneered.

I cringed at the nickname but ignored it. "Actually, I did. I ran from him twice. Both times I came to you. So original, aren't I?" I laughed, trying to catch him off guard and escape his grasp, but his grip on my wrist just tightened.

"I know how to play your games, Aurelia. But I might as well teach you a lesson about running away, shouldn't I?" He spoke slowly, tilting his head.

He lay an arm around my waist, coming in closer by the second. I dropped my plate on the floor, quickly forgetting about my food, probably staining the carpet with waffles, but I couldn't hear the noise.

All I could see in this moment was me and him.

He put his hand on the back of my neck, and now I was completely under his control. Slowly, slowly, he came closer and closer while his hazel eyes mesmerized me. The colors seemed to be dancing, and it reminded me of our 4th year in the rain.

I got tired of waiting and grabbed his neck, crashing his lips against mine. It had been obvious how long he had been waiting for this moment to do it for real. No hiding behind the walls of a fake relationship, just true feelings. Our bodies moved in tandem as we shared a passionate kiss, right in the middle of the 7th floor. I felt him smirk against my lips as I played back the memories from a couple of weeks ago. From pretending our kisses were fake, to trying to make him jealous by kissing Garreth.

But it had always been him. And now I finally realized that.

Or at least I did until I saw Poppy around the corner, motioning me towards her. I slowly broke apart with Sebastian, smiling at him before I moved away. Thankfully, his hand wasn't grasping my wrist anymore, so I could easily break free.

"Wha-? Where are you going?" He asked, a hint of confusion and pain in his voice.

"I have something to take care of. I'm sorry..." I said, waving goodbye.

His eyes hardened again as he walked in the opposite direction, leaving my waffles in the middle of the floor as he stormed off. I guess I would have to deal with the drama queen later.

Poppy smiled. "Sorry to interrupt your little...um- moment, but I was wondering if you would come to Hogsmeade with me?" She asked shyly.

"Of course! But... um- why right now?" I asked, a little confused.

"Come with me. We'll talk on the way." She grabs my arm and starts pulling it, dragging me along with determination.

I ran along behind her as fast as I could. My arm had already been through enough trauma today. I didn't want to visit the Hospital Wing if it got worse.