Numbness to the Mind, but Freedom to the Heart | CHAP 4

TW: DRUG USAGE, HARSH LANGUAGE. CHILDHOOD NIGHTMARE/NEGLECT!

Hongjoong stepped inside, He slowly the door behind him. "Mom?" he turned on the hallway light. Then he walked to the frontroom took off his shoes as well as placing his backpack down. And turned on the front room light. Revealing his mother passed out on the couch. He carefully walked towards her. And looked at the table. Revealing used heroin needles and empty soju bottles. Hongjoong deeply sighed. he kneed down to his mom and tried to wake her up "Mom, wake up" he kept poking her. Then she opened her mouth "hmm...dinner..." she mumbled "What do you want to eat?" Hongjoong asked. But never got a response. he sighed. he stood up. He walked over to the kitchen which was connected to the frontroom

(what i mean by the front-room and the kitchen connecting)

Hongjoong opened up the cabinets to the typical stash of Chicken Ramen, It was quick and easy to make

Hongjoong opened up the cabinets to the typical stash of Chicken Ramen, It was quick and easy to make. As well as yummy. Hongjoong has been cooking for him and mom since he was 11, (he is 18 now) At the beginning it was just him and his older brother cooking dinner and their mom observing them, but when Hoongjoong was 14, His brother got in huge argument over her substance issues.

But the argument only made it worse, the argument ended in police lights, tears, blood and a older brother leaving not even saying goodbye to his younger brother which broke hongjoong heart and haven't seen him since that night.

Hongjoong put a pot of water on the stove. He turned it on. Hongjoong began cutting dried seaweed.Then he opened to 2 packages of ramen and put them in the boiling water. He stirred up the ramen noodles with chopsticks. He could feel his eyes and body screaming for sleep. Eventually the ramen got done cooking.

 He grabbed a spoon and serve 2 bowls of ramen then he adding the seasonings, dried seaweed and a egg. He put both hot bowls on the small table in front couch. He then knee down to wake up his mom for dinner. "Mama, wake up, it's time to eat dinner" he softly shook her, so she wouldn't wake up startled. Somehow she woke up. She pushed away Hongjoong "why did you fucking wake me up?!' Hongjoong gulped "To-to eat" he started getting nervous in case she woke up in a violent mood swing. She looked at the steaming bowl of ramen.

"I'm not eating that." she looked grossed out. "You need to eat mom.. please" He begged, he didn't have the energy to fight her tonight. He was tired. "I'm not eating that shit!" she knocked over the bowl of ramen. The hot water spilled onto hongjoong. It burned. His mother didn't even check up on him. She walked past him, like he was nothing to him.

He wanted to cry. He wanted to be upset with her. But he knew that wasn't her. Instead he just numb. He stood up. Revealing his wet pants, he went over to the spilled bowl of ramen, He picked it up, and put in the sink and then cleaned up all the spilled food. By the time he was done cleaning he was so tired, his sleepiness covered up his hunger so he put his bowl of ramen in the refrigerator.

He slowly went up the stairs to his room. he took off his school uniform into a shirt and shorts. He crawled into his bed. he snuggled up against his blanket, he found himself also cuddling his baby blanket. It calmed down his nerves and made him feel warm inside. His breathing slowed and he drifted into a deep sleep.