part one.

-1996-

hell. that is where all of the yellowjackets would be going after what happened. straight to hell, some sooner than others. after 19 months stranded in the middle of nowhere things change. people change.

but right now the yellowjackets aren't 'nuts' or 'psychopaths', they are simply just girls. girls who were one goal away from nationals.

shouting and kicking echoed across the whole feild. Cheryls heart had surely burst from her chest by now. she watched as the ball got stolen from allison. she'd like to think that she was friends with all the girls on her team, some more that others of course. like jackie, their team captain. sure she's not the best player but she had somthing about her that just made everyone respect her.

same goes for taissa, or as they call her 'tai'.
cheryl thought that she was definitely the most power driven player on the team for sure but you could never catch her saying it out loud. tai had to have been one of her closest friends for sure but somthing that bothers cheryl was that taissa could not leave her little sister alone, sure allie is not the best player but she's only 14?! cut her some slack.

cheryl snaps out of her daydreaming when tai steals the ball back from the opposing team and shoots it to shauna. tension is very high as all the girls are shouting for the ball, shauna boots it towards the net only for jackie to head butt it into the net perfectly.

silence

silence that is soon broken by a dozen cheering girls. everyone's running to jackie and shauna, jumping and screaming. everyone in a circle chanting 'BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ', they where really going to nationals?!
cheryl is celebrating with the others as someone turns her around, her girlfriend, van. as soon as she saw her she flew into her arms as they shared a long embrace, no one on the team actually knows about cherry and van being together. its been over a year and a half since they started dating why would they make a burden of it now.

'WE'RE GOING TO MOTHER FUCKING NATIONALS!' jackie screams for the whole pitch to hear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

back in the locker room everyone was so proud of themselves and exited but oh so tired, they still had a busy day tomorrow and then the morning after that they had to get on the plane to nationals. no time to rest.

everyone's getting ready to leave and go home, while cheryl is still fondling with the clip on her necklace.

'piece of shit' she mutters to her self. by now most of the girls have left and gone home, leaving her.

'cherry cmon!'

all except for one, her little sister allie. well, half sister, but dear god if her mom ever heard her say that she'd be dead.

'hold on.. it's stuck,' she yells back.

allison walks over to her sister to lend a hand. 'come here,' she sighs. moving her hair out of the way for her sister she realises how messy it had gotten from all that wind. it looked like one big blonde matt.

'you know dads gonna be mad if we're late, right?'
allie began.

'which is why ill make sure we aren't late, chill out. ' she shot back. combing her fair with her fingers and pulling it into a shit ponytail she began to pack the rest of her stuff

'so,' cheryl ventured. 'you exited for nationals?' she turned to smile at her, waiting for a response.

'i guess..' allie acknowledged.

'you guess?' questioned the older girl.

'i mean come on, you saw me out there today i totally chocked. why should i even get on that plane.' allie stammered quickly.

'als..' cheryl said in a sad tone. 'so what you loose the ball once, everyone makes mistakes. you deserve to be on that plane as much as everyone else, got it?' she confided. allie only offered a small nod back. 'we should her going otherwise we are definitely going to be late home. ' cheryl said.

'true. i also saw the way van was looking at you,' allie added in a teaser tone.

'oh shut up,' cherry shot back, while trying to hide the fact she was blushing.

allie, mimicking her sister, 'mwah mwah, oooo van i love you so much oolala.' was soon stopped as cheryl's fist went into the side of allies arm.

'ow'

........................................

and.. that's the first chapter done! i seriously hope you liked it sorry if it was a bit boring but i'm sure next chapter will be more informative!!

word count : 775
🐻

CHERRY BOMB ~ yellow jackets (van palmer) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara