part three.

-1996-

the two teens entered to locker room to see the rest of the girls dancing to 'shoop' by salt and pepa, cheryl loved this song. 'your late.' they turn around to see a very angry team captain. 'again.'

'we're here aren't we?' van cockily replied before walking to her locker and changing into the uniform. cheryl was in fact staring before jackie's hands clapped in her face.

'hello? earth to cherry?' she said irritated.

'er,' cheryl turned back to jackie. 'give us shit about it later.' answered the girl, before skipping to her own locker and swiftly getting changed. jackie just huffed in response and walked to the bathroom.

after she was changed she needed to do her makeup and get a dumb be on her face. as she entered the bathroom she saw allie and decided to sneak up behind her. 'rahh,' taunted the older girl.

'dude u almost messed up my bee,' allie whinned.

'um jackie?' lottie appeared by the door. 'coach wants to see you in his office.'

'okay give me a sec' jackie responded, clearly concentrated.

'jackie, now' lottie stressed.

'ugh fine, van will u finish this up?' jackie hollered over to van in the other stall.

'yeah sure, hold on' she called back, coming out she washed her hands and took the paint brush from jackie before she walked out heading for the office.
'allie? you good?' van ventured.

'i'm the only one who got asked you know?' allie stated. vans confused face made her elaborate. 'to the prom?'

'ohh. yeah i know it sucks,' van sympathetically told the girl.

'my dress was gonna be amazing,' she dragged out.

'well, at least you can wear it next year?' van tried to make light of the situation.. and failed.

'you don't get it van, cause nobody asked you.' allie shot.

'hey! allison!' cheryl said in a raised voice. 'not cool.'

'okay your done.' van told her, allie looked in the mirror to check the little bee on her face. have a fake smile and strutted out. van stared to chuckle to herself as soon as the brunette left the room.

'what's her problem?' lottie asked, still standing in the door frame.

'i don't know, hold on be right back.' cheryl replied, walking after allie. 'allison.'

'yes?' allie said, still not looking at her. cheryl grabbed her arm and pilled her into the hallway.

'what was that?' she started.

'what? i was joking.' assured allie. 'just cuz she's your girlfriend doesn't mean i have to be nice to her.'

'it kind of does? and keep your mouth shut for crying out loud.' cheryl said while hushing her sister. 'you know, the team would like you if you where less of a bitch to everyone.'

'sure,' allies sarcastic tone just pissed her off more, before she could say anything else she had walked away.

now everyone was back in the hall lining up for there entrance. cheryl was placed at the very back next to a akilah from the JV team, she only caught her name once during training. she was sweet, a little quiet though. 'now this act needs no introduction,' a man started over the speakers. 'let make some noise for new jersey's state champions!' the second the last word left his mouth the cheering started, mostly coming from misty quigley. she wasn't even on the team technically but she served as kind of like a team manger. which earned her to spot on the plane.