part two.

-1996-

the drive home was quiet. the only sound from the car was the radio, the women giving a weather report had a really squeaky voice. annoyed, cheryl switched channels. as their about to turn into there neighbourhood cheryl harshly brakes, in doing so waking allie.

'rise and shine,' cheryl joked.

'ow.. asshole!' allie nagged back.

cheryl only giggled back, stopping the car outside there house. well you could hardly call it a house, it's a trailer but there mom always said be grateful. so that's what they are doing, being grateful. allie lets out a groan getting out the car. 'ugh let's get this over with.'

the door was unlocked like usual, which ment there dad was home. allie went straight to her room while cheryl heading towards the living room, following the smell of grass. david wasn't a bad dad necessarily. he never hit them but instead of going to there games we would rather go to a bar and get arrested. walking into the living room to see like seven beer cans lying around her 'father' didn't upset her, just pissed her off. 'dad.' cheryl mumbled stepping closer.

'dad.' she repeated only this time louder. annoyed now she repeated for a third time 'dad!' nudging him with her foot, he shot awake.

'jesus christ..' david gasped.

'we're home,' cheryl said from the kitchen.

david scoffed 'yeah, i can see that. so how'd it go?' he finally asked. her dad never really cared about what went on in there days, so him asking this made her pause.

'great, we won! the plane for nationals leaves in like two days.' cheryl answers walking towards him with buttered toast and an advil.

'ah, really.' he stopped to take the advil placed in his hand, with a harsh swallow he followed it up with 'i'm hoping that schools paying for your hotel 'n that cause i sure as hell ain't.'

the girl sighed turning back around, 'yes the schools got it all covered, only thing you have to worry about it taking care of yourself. me and allison won't be here to do it.' she continued.

'yeah, right.' the man scoffed, lying back down in his chair. and with that, cheryl finally went back to her room and collapsed onto her bed.

—————————————————————

a light tapping at the window woke her. after letting out a groan she sleepily walked over to her desk which sat under it, still getting her eyes to adjust she pulled the blinds up. and there stood her best friend natalie. this wasn't out of the ordinary for natalie to just show up in the middle of the night, she knew mats mom could be challenging sometimes after her dads death she only saw it get worse.

'hey stranger,' natalie mused and cheryl pulled open the window.

'mm morning,' cheryl moaned practically lying on the windowsill.

'oh, i'm sorry. were you asleep?' nat snickered, clearly finding this amusing.

'yes nat some people sleep at nighttime,' she paused to gasp, 'now what do you want, dude.'

'well, it's hardly nighttime. it's 5:30.' she shot. cheryl was clearly not impressed.

'smartass.'