part ten.

-1996-

van and cheryl had found themselves alone behind the cabin after doing all the chores they had been assigned. van held her finger over her lips, waiting for the footsteps too get far enough away. she sighed in relief. 'finally!' she smiled before latching her lips onto cheryls. being stuck in the middle of nowhere with a much of people ment you never got privacy, allie had already caught them once and they certainly didn't need that to happen ever again. now heavy making out, vans hands travel down cheryls waist to her hips. pulling her closer to where she wanted her. she let out a laugh into vans mouth at how eager she was. all was well until they where interrupted by a scream coming from the cabin. van detached her self and sighed. 'what now?' before the two rushing to the front of the cabin, to see mari running out screaming.

'GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!' flailing her arms around. cheryl jumped of off the porch and began to look for what mari was talking about.

with her hands on mari's shoulder she calmed the girl. 'mari! there's nothing there!'

'but i saw it somthing crawled down me shirt!' she whined, still shaking the collar.

teasingly nat said, 'maybe it was dead cabin guy.'

'don't say that!' mari barked back. jackie practically skipped over to the girls.

'guys!' she started, getting everyone's attention. 'guys i just had a brain storm! we should have a seance!'

'nice try, but we aren't in middle school.' taissa scolded.

'come on it will be fun!' jackie pleaded.

'the occult is no laughing matter!' lauralee scolded.

'it's not the occult, laura lee, it's a game!' jackie corrected. 'shauna tell them!' shauna gazed at jackie before letting out a huff of air.

'she's not wrong, what have we got to loose. maybe dead cabin guy can give us some advise?' the rest of the girls scoffed in agreement.

'so it's settled! tonight... we make contact!' jackie said dramatically.

once the night had fallen, most of the girls had made their way up to the attic. with the exception of laura lee, taissa, coach ben and javi, they all stayed downstairs. cheryl made her way up the ladder and joined the circle, placing herself next to van and shauna. van put a cross of deer blood on her forehead before passing the bowl to cheryl.

'we offer our sister as your instrument.' jackie said referring to blindfolded shauna who was holding a knife on a string.

'it is i, jacques.' shauna said, everyone laughed at her sounding so unserious. re repeated it once more. 'jaques.' but in a manly voice, making the teens laugh more.

'guys..' jackie warned. clearing her throat she started. 'ask your questions, the pendulum will answer.'

van started. 'dear dead hunter guy... did OJ do it?' all of the girls burst into giggles again, shauna peaked out of her blindfold giving jackie a bit of a look.

'cmon guys, real question.'

'dear hunter, is miss dewine screwing mr duval?' akilah asked. they watched as the knife swung in a circle, meaning yes. a series of 'ooo's and 'knew it's flew around the room before more questions where asked.

'if we had made it to seattle, would we have one nationals?' mari asked, soon disappointed as the knife swung back and forward signaling no.

'boooo!' some of the girls had yelled out.

'are kelly f's boobs fake?' cheryl asked. her and van had a bet going, van thought they where real as cheryl knew they where fake. the knife swung back and forth. 'i knew it!'