part sixteen.

-1996-

a day or so had passed and cheryl was really missing van and tai. everyone was missing everyone. lottie kept saying somthing about red smoke while muttering to herself. the girls just told her to knock it off and get more water. they didn't have time for her strangeness. cheryl went for a walk around, making sure not to go to far. she had been helping allie walk for a few hours prior. they had managed to take her cast off completely and she looked better. she still had a bit of a limp but it's not like she really needed to do a lot of walking anymore. as she was walking she saw travis walking back to the cabin. 'hey, travis?' she called out.

'huh? yeah.' he replied, he looked a little out of it.

'have you seen nat?'

'she should we around here somewhere.' he said before continuing to head back.

'helpful, thanks.' she said. she walked for a few more moments until she spotted her gothic friend sat by a rotting tree. 'hey lady-killer!' she may as well have skipped over before talking a seat in front of her.

'hey.' she replied. pulling her knees to her chest.

'you okay? we haven't spoken for a while..' cheryl asked sadly.

'yeah i'm fine. are you?'

'just great.'

'such interesting lives we have, me and you.' natalie said.

'are you and travis.. cool?' she ventured.

'yes? we are fine. why what did he tell you?' natalie suddenly got touchy.

'oh you know. he told me all the gossip while we braided each others hair and giggled- what do you think? we don't talk. he just seemed very OFF..' cheryl said, unimpressed.

'oh haha.' natalie replied solemnly. 'no we are fine.'

'natalie.' cheryl said again. they both know somethings going on.

'fine. but i swear to god you can't say anything!' nat warned.

'pry tell!'

'we sat in the plane wreckage to take a break from hunting.. and you know how things go it got a little hot..' cheryl made mocking gagging noises while natalie spoke. 'so we are.. you know. and he can't!'

'what do you mean he can't?' cheryl asked before realisation hit her, her eyes now wide. 'oh my god he couldn't get it u-' natalie slapped her hand over her mouth.

'yes! okay he didn't know how to do the thing! will you shut up!' she whisper yelled at cherry who was still silent laughing into natalie's hand.

'oh my god that's hilarious.'

'i'm not even done! anyway, so we stopped trying and then he got really defensive about how many people i'd been with like he hadn't had the same amount.' she continued.

'who does he think he is..' cheryl whispered to herself.

'shush. and after then he got really emotional about his dad and i'm like dude five minutes ago you managed to fail at sex and now your crying about your lack of a dad?' natalie stated.

cheryl gasped. 'nat! what is wrong with you!'

'was that too far?'

'no... no it was funny.' cheryl admitted. the two spoke for a while before walking back to the others, it had gotten a little colder so cheryl swapped her shorts for somthing warmer.

everyone sat on the porch doing there own thing when cheryl noticed allie was back to carving sticks again. 'carve it away from you, not towards you.' she nudged the girl next to her. 'you'll end up stabbing your self in the neck.'