The Royal Ball|Bang Chan

Picture the most elegant ballroom you have ever seen. Elegant people laughing and cheering. Glasses of champagne bubbled and fizzed throughout the room. The air was thick with the scent of blooming jasmine, and as lanterns floated, the scene became a living painting, a moment of magic where every soul was free to dream. Violins rang through her ears as she danced with the most eligible bachelors in the land. Princess Aaliyah had wanted nothing more than for this dreadful evening to end. Unfortunately for her, this night would be far from over.

She danced with different men every thirty seconds. Each man was more eccentric or exceedingly dull than the other. Her boredom became more evident as more bachelors approached her. Her eyes wandered around the ballroom, yearning to find a way out of the personal hell. To her surprise, she locks eyes with someone almost familiar. Making her way to the mysterious man, she is caught by another. Confused by this unorthodox action, she swiftly turns toward the man.

To her unpleasant surprise, Aaliyah is face-to-face with a man she is annoyed by. An annoying suitor who will not leave her be. Her face sours as she looks at him. Attempting to free herself, she is pulled back in and trapped by him. "Excuse me, I have to speak with someone," she urgently speaks, ripping her arm from his hand. She fixes her outfit and hair, walking toward the familiar person. She shoves through the mountains of people talking and dancing away.

The man, recognized by many as her childhood friend, Christopher, navigated through the people with a determined grace. His eyes were fixed on Aaliyah, trying to meet him halfway. Yet, before he could reach her, an eccentric middle-aged woman swept him up. Aaliyah watched him disappear while being swept up by another young suitor. From across the room, their eyes met, both of them trying to make it to each other. Aaliyah laughs as making it to each other seems impossible.

She frees herself from the suitor, making it to the balcony. Christopher, finally free, made it to the balcony with Ashanti. The cool night air felt refreshing compared to the warmth of the crowded ballroom. "Escaped your captor, I see," Aaliyah teased, leaning against the marble balcony. He joined her at the railing, looking out at the kingdom below. "It seems I did, but only to find myself intertwined in something far more captivating," He replied, his gaze focused on her. "And what would that be?" She asked, knowing the answer. "Who else other than the future queen of this land? Who happens to be someone I spent the entirety of my childhood with. And has shown she carries not just the elegance of royalty but the kindness and spirit of the people she will one day lead," He said keenly. Aaliyah blushed, the moonlight casting a glow on her features.

The clock began to chime, signaling the approach of midnight. "It is almost time," She whispered, "The end of my childhood." She looks at him with a smile. "Think of it as a new chapter of your life. The best chapter is when you become queen," he says, laying his hand on hers. The chimes echoed through the castle, marking the start of Princess Aaliyah's birthday. The guests began to cheer as their voices and footsteps echoed into the night. Ashanti and Angelo remained on the balcony in silence with the cheering that followed the evening festivities.

"Thank you for being here, Chris," Aaliyah whispered, laying her head on his shoulder. "It is a night I would not miss for the world," he sighs, looking at the night sky. As the two re-entered the ballroom, the music played once more, so lively that even the most reserved made it to the dance floor. The princess found herself enjoying the celebration of her birthday. The grand ballroom, extravagant as ever, was alive with movement and laughter. Christopher, now free to choose his dance partner, offered his arm. "May I have this dance?" he asked, a playful look in his eyes. Aaliyah gracefully accepted, and they joined the other dancers.

The night was far from over, and the princess was determined to savor every moment. They celebrated Her coming of age and the people she loved. The future could wait for now. There was only the music, the dance, and a night that would live forever in memory.

742 words 

This is just something I wrote for an ELA project, I just changed the names.