Opening Up

Etho's Perspective-

Etho woke up in the empire of snow and he decided to take a stroll.

He walked out of the palace and towards the cozy village.

The snow is lightly falling, making the snowflakes look like sparkling light.

Etho smiled as one landed on his forehead.

He felt much more refreshed than before.

He walked along the snowy path, thinking about Joel and the conversation he had with Scott just yesterday.

I need to go back to talk to Joel... Etho thought, biting his lip.

He looked into the distance, and he saw a house.

It was quaint and little and had a familiar look to it.

Etho felt something pulling him towards it and he shuffled his way over.

It looked so inviting and he felt something when he looked at it.

He felt a feeling of belonging,

of home.

He crept towards it and right as he was about to reach for the doorknob, he heard someone call his name.

Etho turned around and saw Scott jogging towards him before slowing to a walk.

"Careful, he might not like you petting him." Scott said.

Etho tilted his head and looked back and jumped a bit as he saw a gray deer with piercing yellow eyes.

"Wha- but where's the house?"

"House? What house?"

Etho looked down.

"Maybe you've been here for too long. People who aren't used to the cold take some time adjusting to the weather. Come on, I'll call a carriage and they can take you back to The Mythlands."

"No- I...I wanna go to Mezalea."

Scott smiled, "You're gonna go talk to Joel?"

"I'm gonna try to." Etho said, smiling weakly.

-

Scott and Etho sat in silence as they sat in the carriage to Mezalea. Etho had a jar that held his firefly friend.

"So what house did you think you saw?" Scott asked, looking at Etho.

"Oh I- ...it looked like my parent's home." Etho whispered.

...

"Is it hard without them?" Scott asked quietly.

Etho shrugged, "Some days are harder than others, but you get through it."

Scott sighed, "Yeah, I feel you. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if my brother never got corrupted."

"What do you mean?" Etho asked, tilting his head.

"My brother got turned into this demon a while ago and...he was able to fight it off, but he always ends up having these...moments. He keeps telling me that he wants me to rule Rivendell because he fears that he would be too corrupted. There's no real cure for what happened to him, we just have to live with it."

"Life's rough like that..."

"It sure is..."

Etho looked out the carriage window and saw the colorful Mezalean palace.

He took a deep breath and Scott smiled softly.

"You got this; Joel will listen to what you have to say because he cares about you. I'm sure he loves you."

Etho's cheeks flushed red, and Scott then hugged him.

"And I'll listen too."

Etho chuckled quietly and hugged back.

"Thanks, Scott."

Etho then stepped out of the carriage and looked up at the palace.

"And Etho?"

Etho turned back to look at Scott.

"You're not alone."

NO I AM NOT SHIPPING SCOTT AND ETHO GUYS BEFORE YOU START THINKING THAT IM NOT

I KNOW IT SEEMS LIKE THERES SOMETHING MORE BUT THERES NOT I SWEAR THEY'RE JUST FRIENDS GUYS :,D

Anyway if you were confused at the whole house and deer thing umm...I'm sorry. I just thought it would be cool to have Aeor kind of connect with Scott and then the thing that Etho really wants is his home. IDK it just felt right to put it there so I did.

I hope you enjoyed the chapters that have Scott and Etho getting along because I sure did.