Episode 2: Guts

The Quarry-- Far from the Outskirts of Atlanta

At the Quarry, Dale was on top of the RV, being on the lookout for anyone or for any sign of walkers.

After the outbreak started, Jayden was going to take Mia and Dylan to the huge fallout shelter in Atlanta. But when they heard that it got worse before they entered the city, they decided to make camp at the old Georgia quarry. They were soon found by a police officer named Rick Grimes, alongside his wife Lori and their son, Carl. Including Rick's best friend and partner, Shane Walsh, and they decided to stay with them. With Rick and the others were Carol Pelletier and her husband, Ed Pelletier, and their daughter Sophia. They were also found by two sisters named Andrea and Amy Harrison, including Dale. As more people found them, the more Jayden found more people.

Amy walks over to Lori and Mia with a bucket of seashells.

Lori: Any luck?

Amy hands Lori the bucket of seashells.

Amy: How do we tell if they're poison?

Lori: Uh, there's only one sure way I know of.

Amy: Ask Jayden when he gets back?

Mia: Yeah, you've got it. Thank you.

Mia gets up as Lori hands her the empty bucket.

Mia: Dale, I'm heading out.

Mia turns to Dylan who was playing with Carl as she told him.

Mia: Dylan, I want you to stay where Dale can see you, okay?

Dylan: Okay, Mia.

Dale: You too. Don't wander too far. Stay within shouting distance. And if you see anything, holler. I'll come running.

Mia turns away as she mumbled.

Mia: Yes, Dad.

Atlanta

After hiding in the tank after encountering a horde of walkers, Ethan hears the tank's C.B. go off.

???: (radio) Hey, are you alive in there?

As Ethan rushes to it, he accidentally bumped his head on a bar and answers whoever is calling.

Ethan: Hello? Hello?

???: (radio) There you are. You had me wondering.

Ethan: Where are you? Outside? Can you see me right now?

???: (radio) Yeah, I can see you. You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news.

Ethan: There's good news?

???: (radio) No.

Ethan: Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you I'm a little concerned in here.

???: (radio) Oh man. You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out.

Ethan: Got any advice for me?

???: (radio) Yeah, I'd say make a run for it.

Ethan was shocked that whoever was on the radio suggested that idea.

Ethan: That's it? "Make a run for it"?

???: (radio) My way's not as dumb as it sounds. You've got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down. With me so far?