Episode 4: Cherokee Rose

Hershel's Farm

The very next Morning, Jayden, Carlos, Shane, Glenn, and T-Dog were outside, helping the Greene family collecting rocks to make a grave for Otis until they hear the sound of a motorcycle and they see the others coming.

Around the same time inside the farmhouse, Ethan, Mia, Rick, Lori, and Carl were in the room Dylan was in as Hershel checks on Dylan for any signs of fever, but feels that it's gone down.

Hershel: Fever's gone down.

Ethan and Mia sees Dylan slowly opening his eyes as they move to him.

Ethan: Dylan?

Dylan looks around and looks at his older brother.

Dylan: Sophia? Is she okay?

Ethan: Fine. She's fine.

Mia: Rest. We'll be right here, okay?

Dylan: Okay.

Carl: I'll come see you every now and then.

Dylan: I know you will, Carl. You're my best friend.

Dylan closes his eyes so he could rest. They soon hear the door open, revealing Carlos.

Carlos: They're here.

Ethan and the others step out to meet up with the others.

Dale: How is he?

Lori: He'll pull through, thanks to Hershel and his people.

Rick: And Shane. We'd have lost Dylan if not for him.

Dale walks over to Ethan and gives him a hug. Carol does the same with Mia.

Carol: Thank God. We were so worried.

L.J.: How'd it happen?

Ethan: Hunting accident. That's all-- just a stupid accident.

An hour later, Beth and Jimmy had put the final rocks on Otis' grave with Ethan and his people attending as Hershel starts reading a funeral verse from the Bible.

Hershel: Blessed be God, Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Praised be to him for the gift of our brother Otis, for his span of years, for his abundance of character; Otis, who gave his life to save a child's, now more than ever, our most precious asset. We thank you, God, for the peace he enjoys in your embrace. He died as he lived, in grace.

Hershel stops preaching as he turns to Shane.

Hershel: Shane, will you speak for Otis?

Shane: I'm not good at it. I'm sorry.

Patricia: You were the last one with him. You shared his final moments. Please. I need to hear. I need to know his death had meaning.

Shane lightly nods his head as he walks over to Otis' grave.

Shane: Okay. We were about done. Almost out of ammo. We were down to pistols by then. I was limping. It was bad. Ankle all swollen up. "We've got to save the boy." See, that's what he said. He gave me his backpack. He shoved me ahead. "Run," he said. He said, "I'll take the rear. I'll cover you." And when I looked back...

As Shane trailed off, Carlos notices Dale looking at Shane with his eyes. Carlos also took note that Shane was trailing off, meaning that he might've been making the whole story up. Daryl noticed the same thing. Shane walks over to where the rocks are and places the final rock on Otis' grave as he continued.

Shane: If not for Otis, I'd have never made it out alive. And that goes for Dylan too. It was Otis. He saved us both. If any death ever had meaning, it was his.