Episode 3: Tell It to the Frogs

After escaping Atlanta, Ethan and the others are still driving to the base camp as Ethan looked down while L.J. was driving.

L.J.: Best not to dwell on it. Merle got left behind. Nobody's gonna be sad he didn't come back...

Morales: Except maybe Daryl.

Ethan: Daryl?

L.J.: His brother.

They all soon hear the car alarm sound as they see Glenn driving behind them and cheering.

Morales: At least somebody's having a good day.

The Quarry-- Far from the Outskirts of Atlanta

Back at the Quarry base camp, Mia is giving Dylan a haircut as Jayden is reading a book. Lori is doing the same with Carl as Rick and Shane are cleaning their guns.

Mia: Dylan, the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So don't, okay?

Dylan: I'm trying.

Mia: Well, try harder.

Jayden: If you think this is bad, wait till you start shaving. That stings. That day comes you'll be wishing for one of your Mama's haircuts.

Dylan: I'll believe that when I see it.

Rick and Shane chuckled at Dylan's remark.

Shane: I'll tell you what, little buddy-- you just get through this with some manly dignity and tomorrow Jayden, Rick, and I will teach you something special. We'll teach you to catch frogs.

Carl: I've caught a frog before.

Rick: Shane means Frogs-- plural, Carl.

Shane: Exactly, and it's an art, my friend. It is not to be taken lightly. There are ways and means. Few people know about it. I'm willing to share my secrets.

Dylan and Carl turn to Mia and Lori for some answers.

Lori: Oh, we're girls. You talk to them.

Shane: It's a one-time offer, bud-- not to be repeated.

Carl: Why do we need frogs, plural?

Rick: You ever eat frog legs?

Dylan&Carl: Eww!

Shane: No, yum!

Mia: No, he's right. Eww.

Jayden: When you get down to that last can of beans, you're gonna be loving those frog legs, lady. I can see it now-- "Jayden, do you think I could have a second helping, please? Please? Just one?"

The others start laughing at Jayden's little joke as Mia playfully rolls her eyes.

Mia: Yeah, I doubt that.

Jayden: Don't listen to her, man. You, me, Rick, Shane, and Carl, we'll be heroes. We'll feed these folks Cajun-Style Kermit legs.

Lori: I would rather eat Miss Piggy. Yes, that came out wrong.

They all burst out laughing at Lori's little joke that came out wrong.

Jayden: Heroes, son, spoken of in song and legend. You and us, Jayden, Rick, Shane, Dylan, and Carl.

They were interrupted as they hear a car alarm go off as Jayden quickly gets up to have Dale see what it is.

Jayden: Hey, Dale, can you see what that is? Talk to me, Dale!