Chapter 21-Shopping Day

Is this really necessary?" Alec grumbled. "We could have just bought ready-made clothes from one of the shops we passed earlier."

Sitting in the middle of the dressing room, he glared at Gael who sat on a couch in front of him. The older man tried to hide his smirk behind a glass of juice, but Alec could still see it. He had an urge to spill the juice over his head.

"Yes, it's necessary and we will indeed buy ready-made clothes later," Gael said. "But, you are my little brother and I intend to give you the best of everything. Ready-made clothes will not cut it."

"Clothes are clothes."

Gael put down the glass and looked him in the eye. "You promised that you would let me buy you two gifts. One was a welcome gift from me, and another was a thank-you gift for helping with the case. This is the welcome gift. Ready-made clothes are too shabby to be gifts from me."

Alec let out a frustrated groan and ran both hands through his hair. He would rather be in his room and study the curriculum for Gael's classes. But the man had dragged him out to the Business District, which he later learned was referred to by the locals as Serene City. They spent the entire morning, going from shop to shop buying things Alec would need—using his own money of course. He spent a majority of the time catching Gael trying to secretly pay for his purchases. The man was as stubborn as a flame rhino.

It was three hours before noon when Gael led Alec into a high-end clothing shop called Thread Haven.

The moment they entered, the store manager greeted Gael with familiarity and led them to one of the dressing rooms. They were politely asked to wait for the tailor, who was finishing up on a project upstairs. It had only been ten minutes, but Alec was ready to bolt. The clothes on display were all beautiful but were too much for him. All of it had some kind of complicated embroidery and decoration in a fitted style. Clothes that were simple, loose, and easy to move in were more to his taste. He was also dreading getting his measurements taken. He did not like being touched by anyone.

Loud footsteps sounded from outside the room before stopping in front of the dressing room door. Alec nearly jumped when the door flew open so hard that it slammed against the wall. A large blur darted inside towards Gael.

"Mr. Fenrin, I am so happy to know that you're back. It is also such an honor that you have chosen me to make clothes for your beloved little brother."

The large blur, which turned out to be a person, looked towards Alec. Brown eyes widened when they fell on him.

Alec's eyes also widened and he clamped his mouth shut when it almost fell open. Standing in front of them was a middle-aged woman with the most muscular build he had ever seen. She stood nearly seven feet tall and made Gael look like a child. Her arms, which were exposed by the sleeveless pink dress looked big enough to choke anyone to death.

Said muscular arms had also clamped down on his shoulders before he managed to get out of his shock. Her brown eyes scrutinized him from head to toe, and Alec refused to squirm from the stare that gradually brightened so much that it looked like they were glowing.

She let go and stepped back, her stare intensifying. "What kind of clothes do you prefer?"

Alec blinked. He looked to Gael who nodded at him with an amused smile. Looking back to the woman—who he still did not know the name of—he answered. "I prefer clothes that are simple...loose and easy to move in."

With another blur, a notebook and pencil appeared in her hands. She began to pace the room, scribbling something on the notebook, grumbling to herself. Occasionally she would use the pencil to scratch at her blonde hair. "With a face and body like that...no! The client prefers loose clothes...but he looks best in.... Oh, he'd look good in anything...."