031: A new runner

Minho, Thomas, Newt, and I ran into the medhut after Jeff and Clint took her there. I was worried about the Girl but also happy that she was in a coma, don't get me wrong but I didn't want her to hear the comments some boys made also I got this bad feeling and it hurt, at first I thought it was my period but I just had it some days ago.

We opened the door and saw the Girl lying there like she was dead, again this bad feeling I got. I tried to ignore it.

"Jeff, what's going on? What's the matter with her?" Newt bombarded Jeff with his questions. "Why won't she wake up?"

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did." Jeff pulled the 'I never went to a college because I'm locked in a Maze' card which was smart, after all, he's not a doctor just a boy who knows more about diseases than others and of course we needed someone.

"Do you recognize her?" Newt turned around, facing Thomas.

"No." Thomas simply answered but something about his answer was strange, but why would he lie to us? Okay, I actually don't have the right to say that because I'm also lying. One point for Thomas.

"Really? Because she seemed to recognize you." Newt was so affectionate.

"What about the note?" I asked because it seemed like someone had to interrupt these two or else Thomas would run away.

"We'll worry about the note later." Newt turned back to me.

"I think you should worry about it now." Thomas joined me.

"We've got enough to deal with at the moment." Newt was not in the mood to talk about the note. I didn't get it why did he worry about the girl so much, he got a freaking girlfriend.

"He's right, Newt. If the Box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?" Jeff asked, I hadn't thought about that he was right. The box would not come up which means everything would run out.

"No one said that." A pause which I wanted to interrupt and remind the boy that it was standing on the note. "Let's not jump to any conclusions." Again a pause. "We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows."

"Somebody has gotta have some answers around here."

"Okay." Thomas made his way out of. "Where are you going?"

"Back into the maze." This boy is not scared at all he just came out and is going back in. Why not we should stay there another night would be funny. Minho also left the hut, following Thomas.

"Do you also want to join them?" Newt glanced at me, he probably prepared himself to have a whole speech about why I should not go.

"The hell, No!" I would not go back after this 'awesome' night. "It's not- wait what?" The boy looked like he saw a Ghost. "I said no, I just came out. Enough for today."

Newt and I went out of the medhut when Winston jogged towards us. "Let's go." He took my hand but I stopped. "What do you mean?"

"We go into the maze."

"You? You are not a runner."

"Minho needed some, now let's go."

"She's not going." Newt interrupted Winston. "Who are you to say that?" He gave Newt the biggest side-eye. "She said that herself." Newt ignored the side eye of the boy.

"You know what? I changed my mind. I am going."

"What why?"

"I would kill myself if I would let Winston run into the maze without me, just imagine something happens to him. I would hate myself. Bye, Newt love you." I ran towards the Maze. Forget my thoughts I want to run inside, to see the dead Griever and to make sure that Winston is safe.