035: The Plan

I woke up to the sound of many voices, all blurred. I took all my strength and sat up. I turned around only to see Thomas and Teresa sit next to me in the Slammers. Amazing back in the Pit.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, almost whispering. "Gally put us in here." Thomas said.

"We'll tell you the story later now drink and eat." A familiar voice ordered. It was Minho, he was alive- BUT HE WAS NEAR ME!

"Go away!" I ordered. But he just threw the bottle at me and ordered me to drink. "Ouch." I groaned. "Drink it we need you in a good condition." Minho ordered. I did as he said and drank the bottle I needed it so much. "We were talking about how Teresa and Thomas built this maze." I spit the water and looked at them. "You built the maze?" Teresa nodded. "Now eat." Minho ordered and threw a sack at me. "Could you stop throwing things at me!" I asked.

"So that would mean that I also built that maze." I realized. "No, in all our memories you never were there, we only saw you when you were sent into a room and came out crying."

"The Room." I repeated. "Do you know what happened in there?" Thomas asked. "Yes, I had to follow tasks, kill animals, and then try to kill-" I stopped when I realized I had to say his name. All the thoughts came back into my head, they barely made me kill him.

"Kill me." Minho ended it. "Yes." I ate my sandwich and turned around a little. "No, turn back to me." Minho ordered. I just ignored him. "We have to get out."

"Gally has taken control." Newt suddenly spoke. "Gally has convinced everyone that you're the reason all this has happened."

"Oh shit." Gally would never let us go. "Then we need a plan." I suggested.

                               ~

We all had a plan, Thomas would pretend to be unconscious, I should act like I was about to pass out, Chuck should get everything we need and the others should help us fight.

"Gally...It doesn't feel right, man." Winston said. I wish I could tell him that I was okay but I couldn't.

"Yeah, what if Thomas is right Maybe he can lead us home." Jeff joined.

"We are home." Why would he say that? "Okay? I don't wanna have to cross any more names off that wall."

"You really think banishing us is gonna solve anything?" Teresa asked.

"No." He replied. "But this isn't a banishing. It's an offering."

Well, Shit.

"What?" Teresa stammert "Wait, Gally, what are you doing?" I didn't know what was happening because I only stared at the ground and had to let my eyes only inches open.

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he has done?" He started.

"Look around you! Look at our Glade! This is the only way. And when the Grievers get what they came here for...everything goes back
to the way it was." He explained.

"Are you listening to this?" Teresa raised her voice. "Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!"

"You shut up." Gally ordered.

"If you stay here, the Grievers are going to come back. They're gonna come back, and they're gonna keep coming back...until you're all dead!" Teresa ignored Gally.

"Shut up!" He shouted. "Tie him up!" He was talking about Thomas. "This Girl too, she's a murderer."

"Do you hear me?" Gally said when no one did anything. "I said tie them up!"

The arms who were holding me pulled me with them and I took it as my change and elbowed him in his chest. I took out my gun and pointed it at anyone who tried to come near me. Where did that gun come from?

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?" Gally asked when we all were standing in front of the doors.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving." Thomas had a spear in his hands. "Anyone else who wants to come now is your last chance."

"Don't listen to him, he's just trying to scare you."

"No, I'm not trying to scare you. You're already scared. I'm scared." Thomas admitted. "But I'd rather risk my life out there than spend the rest of it in here." He stopped. "We don't belong here. This place isn't our home. We were put here. We were trapped here. We have a choice. We can make it out of here.
I know that."

The boys hesitated but then Winston stepped forward. "I'm sorry." And he walked towards me. "You alright?" He asked. I nodded. Jeff and some Gladers soon also walked over to us.

"Gally, it's over. Just come with us." Thomas

"Good luck against the Grievers."