Chapter 5

"My name is Gilbert Kingsley, lord Gilbert Kingsley, in fact." He said bowing politely to lady Josephine. Lady Josephine curtsied politely back at him and said, "I'm lady Josephine Blackwood."  Lord Gilbert nodded and said, "I heard you were my age. My mother likes your story about the ill used heroine. And she wants to see you in person."  Lady Josephine looks at the headmistress and she nods approvingly.  "I would be honored." Lady Josephine said as lord Gilbert extended his hand in a gentlemanly manner and led her into a carriage that belonged to him. They went to polite conversation on the way to his home, and on the way, he asked lady Josephine, "do you have any tips for upcoming writers?" Lady Josephine nodded and said, "be respectful of each other. Even if you're rivals." Lord Gilbert nodded as she said those words. "Do you have any rivals?" He asked. "Yes, but none of them are the same age as me. Few of them are women. They all look at me like I'm making fun of them for writing stories and having them published at my age."

Lord Gilbert nodded softly and looked at the mansion ahead, "we're here." He told her as the carriage driver assisted lady Josephine out of the carriage. Lord John Kingsley, walked towards lady Josephine and said, "my wife, lady Mildred, is in the study room, she is waiting for you."  Lady Josephine walked towards the study room and said politely, "lady Mildred?"  She looked up from her book and saw that it was lady Josephine. "Ah, lady Josephine. I'm so glad you came." Lady Mildred said, smiling happily. "I wanted to tell you thank you, you inspired my son to get back into writing stories. His teachers don't approve of the idea of him writing stories. I wanted to ask you..." she suddenly stopped and made sure her son wasn't nearby, and closed the study door.  "I wanted to asked you if you could be his friend. He needs friends and he seems to really like you. I noticed that when I saw him entering the house with you."  Lady Josephine looked confused, "your son said you liked my story and wanted to see me." 

Lady Mildred nodded, and confessed that she had said that, "I do like your story, lady Josephine, and my son does too. But he never had any friends before until he heard about you."