Year 5: New Year's Prayer

As the end of the school year approached, James found himself grappling with a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. He knew he had to confront his feelings for Regulus, to lay bare his heart and risk rejection once more.

One evening, as they sat together beneath the stars, James took a deep breath and poured out his heart to Regulus, his words a jumble of fear and hope.

"I know this might sound crazy, but... I think I might have feelings for you, Regulus," he confessed, his voice trembling with uncertainty.

Regulus's eyes widened in surprise, his heart pounding in his chest as he processed James's words.

"Feelings?" he echoed, his voice barely a whisper.

James nodded, his heart pounding in his chest as he met Regulus's gaze.

"Yes, feelings," he repeated, his voice stronger this time. "I've been trying to deny it, but... I can't stop thinking about you, Regulus. You're always on my mind."

Regulus's breath caught in his throat, his pulse quickening as he listened to James's confession.

"I... I don't know what to say," he admitted, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

But before he could respond, James reached out to take Regulus's hand in his own, his touch sending a shiver down Regulus's spine.

"You don't have to say anything," James murmured, his voice soft. "Just... think about it, okay?"

Regulus nodded, his heart pounding in his chest as he watched James walk away, a whirlwind of conflicting emotions swirling inside him.