Year 6: Sweet Thing

With each passing day, the tension between James and Regulus seemed to mount, a silent battlefield where words were weapons and emotions were casualties. Though James longed to bridge the gap between them, Regulus's walls remained impenetrable, leaving James feeling more helpless than ever before.

One evening, as James and Remus sat together in the Gryffindor common room, the air crackled with unspoken tension.

Remus couldn't help but notice the strained atmosphere between James and Regulus, and he knew that something had to be done.

"James," Remus started, his voice gentle but firm. "I can see how much you're hurting, but you need to give poor Regulus space. Pushing him will only drive him further away."

But James's frustration boiled over, his emotions raw and unfiltered.

"I can't just sit back and watch him slip away, Moony!" he replied, his voice tinged with desperation. "I need to do something, anything, to make things right."

"James?"

"What?"

"Does Sirius know?" Remus asked quietly.

"Fuck... no, he doesn't. Well, I think."

"Oh Merlin, James..." Remus said.

To James' suprise, Remus just started chuckling, and a few seconds later, James knew Remus was deep into his brain with his own thoughts.