Year 6: Dont Let the Sun Catch You Cryin'

Despite the growing tension between himself and Regulus, James refused to give up hope of repairing their damaged relationship. He knew that it would take time and patience, but he was willing to do whatever it took to earn back Regulus Black's trust.

One afternoon, as they crossed paths again in the Great Hall, James mustered up the courage to speak to Regulus once more.

"Regulus," he started, his voice earnest.
"I know things haven't been great between us lately, but I want you to know that I value our friendship more than anything. I'm sorry for any hurt I may have caused, and I hope we can move past it."

Regulus regarded James with a mixture of surprise and skepticism.

"Words are cheap, Potter," he replied, his tone guarded.

Regulus looked like he wanted to say something, but held it back, then sighed.

"Actions speak louder than words, and yours have spoken volumes."

James felt a pang of regret at Regulus's words, knowing that he had let his friend down. But he refused to give up hope, determined to prove that he was worthy of a second chance.

As they parted ways, James couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of his stomach.

He knew that winning back Regulus's trust would be an uphill battle, but he was willing to fight for it with every fiber of his being.