Year 6: The Twelfth of Never

With each passing day, James found himself consumed by thoughts of Regulus, his heart torn between longing and despair.

Though he knew that Regulus harbored resentment towards him, James couldn't shake the feeling that their connection ran deeper than mere animosity.

One afternoon, as they found themselves alone in the library, James summoned the courage to confront Regulus once more. It was stupid, but James being James, he had to.

"Regulus," he began, his voice wavering with emotion. "I know I've hurt you, and I'm truly sorry for that. But I want you to know that I care about you, more than you'll ever know."

Regulus regarded James with a mixture of surprise and skepticism.

"Do you really mean that?" he asked, his voice tinged with doubt.

James nodded, his sincerity evident in his eyes.

"Yes, I do," he replied earnestly. "I know I've made mistakes, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make things right between us. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

Regulus hesitated, his walls starting to crumble in the face of James's vulnerability.

"I want to believe you, James," he admitted quietly. "But it's going to take time for me to trust you again. I hope you understand."

James nodded, a sense of relief washing over him.

"I understand, Regulus," he said, his voice filled with gratitude. "And I'll do whatever it takes to earn back your trust. Thank you so much for giving me another chance."

A small smile formed on Regulus' face only for a few seconds, but disappeared as he turned to leave

As they parted ways, James couldn't shake the feeling of hope that blossomed within him. He knew that repairing their original friendship would be a long journey, but for the first time in a long time, he felt optimistic about the future.