Chapter 33

Season 4: Episode 11: Catch me if you can

I sat there picking at my nails as I watched Jeremy practically freak out at the thought of killing these people that were now transitioning.

"No way. I'm not doing this." Jeremy fought, Klaus rolled his eyes looking annoyed.

"What makes you think you have a choice?"

"You have to kill vampires to complete the hunter's mark." Damon agreed, honestly I was completely taken aback by Damon working with Klaus. Something I didn't expect in a million years. "Mark equals cure. You're in a bar of almost vampires. So get your hunt on."

"Screw you. You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people." Jeremy shot back, obviously growing angry.

"Jeremy, if you look on the bright side, they aren't exactly people..." I paused, as all four of their eyes fell on me. "Anymore."

He stared at me in disbelief, shaking his head. "The bright side?" He repeated. I bit my lip nervously, giving him a sweet smile.

"Yeah." I responded, making sure to show my teeth with the smile.

"I can't believe this right now."

"Enough! Have at it. Or else!" Klaus butt in, obviously not having it anymore and wanting to compel Jeremy.

"I don't take orders from you, dick." He responded, taking me completely off guard, having me let out a snicker from his remark.

Everyone once again looked at me, Klaus being the one who raised his eyebrow at me. "Did you just get called a dick?" I asked, with a laugh.

Klaus continued to stare at me with a poker face, while Damon gave me a little smirk. "Suits him doesn't it?" Damon teased as Klaus looked between us before shaking his head and ignoring.

"Hunters can't be compelled." Little Gilbert said, catching my husband's attention again, as he threw the stake on the floor.

Klaus tilted his head, laughing as he walked up to him. "You're right. I can't compel you. But if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to make it easier for you. Because, I can compel them." His voice laced with a threat, as he stared down at the little Gilbert.

My eyes flickered to the sight to see the vampires drinking from the humans that were compelled, taking in a deep breath before turning my eyes back to Klaus and Jeremy.

"I'm gonna give you a two minute head start. Then I'm gonna send every vampire in here after you. You kill them or they kill your friend..." Klaus paused, turning his attention to the blonde standing next to me. "Matt."

"Wait a second!" Matt called out, his voice laced in fear.

"No. No. You turn them, he kills them. That was the deal, Klaus." Damon finally spoke up, obviously not liking this.

But I don't blame him because in Klaus' world there is no such thing as a threat, only a promise. When he says he'll do something, he'll do it.

"I'm taking artistic license." Klaus responded. Damon glanced over at me, almost like he wanted me to do something.

"Babe, he's a beginner. I doubt he can take all of them at once." I spoke up, for the sake of Damon's pleading eyes.