Chapter 31

Season 4: Episode 9: O Come, All Ye Faithful.

I threw the last blood bag on the floor, suddenly feeling tired of all the gagging as I looked at the twenty bags of blood on the floor. "I can't have anymore." I said, feeling nauseated.

Klaus sighed at me opening another pack. "Love, just take this last one." He pleaded, crouching down in front of me with his pleading eyes.

I sighed at his eyes, as I took the bag from his hand draining the blood down but this time something felt different. I surprisingly didn't feel grossed out by it, it tasted like the bitter sweet taste of blood I used to love.

"There she is." Damon said with a smirk on his face, as Klaus looked into my eyes in awe.

"Red, my favourite colour." Klaus stated, making me sigh in relief realizing the bags of blood worked.

"I still feel tired." I responded to both of them.

Klaus stood up, planting a kiss onto my forehead. "You need sleep, my love." He turned to Damon and Stefan sending them both a nod. "I'll take my wife home." Klaus told them, causing Stefan to roll his eyes at the word 'my wife'.

***

I stirred awake, my body suddenly feeling more powerful than usual. I sighed in relief, feeling the power in me come back, throwing the sheets off myself, opening the bedroom door hearing the voice of my husband and brother.

I walked towards the parlor where Stefan and Klaus' voice was coming from.  "Looks like a giant snowflake." Stefan said, as soon as I opened the door to see Klaus painting.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event." He responded to Stefan, before his eyes fell onto me. "Love." He stood up from his seat, heading towards me and embraced me into his arms. "How do you feel now?" He asked, with a hint of worry in his voice.

"I'm feeling better." I reassured him, as he sent me a loving smile down.

Stefan stepped forward. "No more tiredness?" Stefan questioned.

I smiled at both of them reassuringly. "No more tiredness."

They both sighed in relief, the moment was soon over when Adrian walked into the room. "You said it was urgent." He asked, looking over at Klaus.

"Yes," Klaus responded, letting go of me as he walked towards the painting he had finished drawing. "Take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." Adrian looked at him in disbelief.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" Adrian asked, not looking very pleased by this order.

I bit my lip knowing it was a bad idea for him to talk back to Klaus, as Klaus walked closer to him closing the gap between them. "What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude." Klaus snapped, giving him a look of warning.

Adrian looked over at me with grimaced look, before walking over to the painting and picking it up then leaving the room. "And be careful with that. It's still wet." I stared at Klaus intensely as he turned to look back at me and Stefan.

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." Stefan spoke up, as I remained quiet.

That was pretty funny but I won't laugh knowing Klaus. "What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labour? What are you doing here?" He asked Stefan.