It is what it is - Chapter 13

Keyshia

"Keyshia." Imesha snapped her fingers in my face gaining my attention. I shook my head and placed my attention on her and Daniel.

"Sorry I was in my own world." I admitted.

"It's fine but have you talked to Sheela about paying for your dad's funeral?" Imesha asked looking at me.

"Nope I haven't talked to her since she put her hands on me and I don't intend to." I stated playing with my finger nails.

Daniel swatted my hand away from my face causing me to look up at her.

"What?" I snapped.

"You need to talk to her she's the only parent you have in your life right now." She spoke. I scoffed and rolled my eyes I sat up on my bed and gave her a look.

"I have a mother. Sheela is just there." I said.

"Okay imma just come out and tell you a few weeks ago at I saw your mom at Lester's house." Imesha sighed.

"Your point?" I hissed.

"Quit snapping on me , Lester is a crackhead and all crackheads hang around one another." Imesha rolled her neck.

I looked at her as if she were stupid.

"My momma ain't no crackhead. Just cause your momma is don't mean nothing." I snapped rolling my eyes.

"I'm going to let that slide cause your father just passed Keyisha I can show you and Lester can tell you him damn self."  Imesha replied.

"Whatever we need to figure out how we gonna raise money for my daddy." I sighed.

"Mhm yeah whatever like I said ask Sheela."

"No I can do this on my own don't nobody need keyisha." I snapped.

"Obviously you do just call her and quit being so stubborn!" Daniel yelled.

"How about a bake sale?" I questioned ignoring her statement.

"Nawl that's gonna take a long time you need the money in a few weeks." Imesha said.

"Um ooh!" Daniel exclaimed sitting up on the bed.

"How about a car wash. Since it's summer time and you know black people ain't gonna pay no thirty dollars for a real car wash."

I clapped my hands and smiled.

"That seems like a good idea , we can charge by how big or small their car is." I suggested.

"Ayee okay how much money we need?" Imesha asked.

"About a grand." I responded.

"Okay we can start tomorrow." Imesha answered checking her phone and getting off of my bed.

"We finna head out , I gotta go shopping wit my mom." Daniel yawned putting on her shoes.

"Alright let me put on my shoes and I'll walk y'all out." I said hopping of my bed. I grabbed my slides from under my bed and slid them on.

After a few minutes Imesha's mom was here to pick them up .

"Bye y'all." I hugged them both as we stood on my porch.

"Call me." Imesha said walking off to her moms car.

"Love you." Daniel waved as she followed behind her. After they got in her moms car I walked down the driveway to check my mailbox.

As I went through the pile of mail I felt someone staring at me , I looked up and seen two guys pointing and talking.

"Aye ma." One called out. I rolled my eyes and closed the mailbox and made my way up the driveway .