Mmm Oh My God! - Chapter 16

Keyshia

"Thanks for the ride Ms. Tiffany." I said to Daniel's mom.

"Bye K, you know if you need anything we're here for you." Daniel said as she stepped out the car and hugged me.

"Yeah, you're not in this alone Kesh." Imesha joined in.

"Yeah, thanks." I mumbled and walked to the front door.

I got my key out to unlock the door but the door was cracked open. Mama must be home.

Daniel and Imesha followed me into the house to help me bring in some stuff.

"I'm back ma!" I yelled closing the door shut.

I slipped outta my shoes and sat the boxes of leftover food on the coffee table.

"I got some food ma! And some cards, I think it's some money in some of em!" I hollered, looking through the cards some family and friends gave to us.

Daniel chuckled, "So why didn't your mama come to the funeral again?"

I sighed, if I had a dollar for every time someone asked me that today, I'd be rich as fuck.

"She didn't feel like it, she's too depressed." I lied trying to make her look good.

They both looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

I honestly don't know why she didn't come. She hasn't been home in awhile and I really don't know how she feels about dad's death. All I know is that she didn't help one bit.

Mama didn't reply so we headed towards her room to see what's up.

As I walked into the dining room I saw mama sitting at the table behind some packages of something with a sly smile on her face.

"Hey ma, you didn't hear me calling for you?" I asked walking closer.

There was white powder under her nose and it was wasted all over the place.

She kept that weird smile on her face than out of nowhere she began to shake, not like she was dancing but like she was having a seizure or something.

"Oh my God!" Daniel gasped, covering her mouth. "I'm finna call the police!"

I ran over to her and noticed 3 stacks of wrapped white stuff. One was opened and scattered all over the table and floor. A note laid beside it and read, "Use to your best advantage."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I questioned.

"Exactly what it says, "Use to your best advantage." I told you yo momma was a crackhead." Imesha said looking over my shoulder.

"My momma ain't no crackhead so this gotta be a set up." I said.

Daniel smacked her lips, "Now you know you lyin."

"No the fuck I'm not! I know my mama better than anybody so you can shut the fuck up." I snapped at her.

She stayed quiet and I rolled my eyes at her. Daniel scary self know better than to step to me like that.

"You needa wake the fuck up and chill the fuck out! Yo momma obviously is one because she's laying down next to fuckin cocaine!" Imesha hissed.

"You know what? Y'all can get out my damn house!" I yelled.

"Man Keyshia your acting like a straight up bitch right now! We're your fucking friends! We're not going nowhere! Now let's get your momma some help!" Imesha replied.

"Naw fuck that! I can do it by my damn self! I don't need no fake ass friends tryin to help me."

"Fake? Bitch we been there for you-"